Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You like my kids mohawk??

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

Default You like my kids mohawk??

OK. My almost 5 year old son has a mohawk. He has had it since summer. Our intentions were to let him wear it until school started in August, then shave it. Welllll, it didn't work out that way. Back to school time came & he freaked about us cutting it! Since he's in a private church pre-k, they don't have a dress code, and since at Open House the teacher didn't tell us to get rid of it, the 'hawk stayed.
    It's been orange, pink, red, and now back to orange. We are your normal, everyday, tattooed suburban family. We are good parents, deeply love our kids and animals, and strive to teach our children that true beauty is on the INSIDE.
    My husband is 6'5", I'm 5'8", and my son is about a foot taller than all the other kids in his preschool class. And the entire preschool for that matter. Despite his size, he's the complete polar opposite of a bully, just like his Daddy.
    My Granny (74 years young) does NOT like his mohawk. I've had my fair share of discussions on the subject, and it always makes me determined to leave it and reminds me to touch up his color. We can't go anywhere without at least 3 people telling him how awesome his hair is, or they love his do, or what have you. But does having a 5 year old with a mohawk make people automatically assume we are freaks, or bad parents? I just wonder what people really think when they see us crossing the street.

So here's my sweet boys picture... I told him to make a 'mean' face. I think it's cute since he never actually really makes that face.
    -100_5896-jpg

This is what we do with our days:

Arts & Crafts: Red hair color and a blonde clip in ponytail.
    -100_58732-jpg

Mother Daughter Bonding: Mommy & me tattoos. Look closely, can you spot the real ink?
    -100_5804-jpg

Life Lessons: Your attitude doesn't necessarily have to match your appearance.
    -100_5942-jpg

We're nuts, and it's so normal. I love my life. How can living honestly and absolutely loving life NOT be normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_5894-jpg  

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: You like my kids mohawk??

Your son has a very creative spirit at such a young age! I think it's a pretty cool form of expression. I don't have skin kids but I do have one fur baby who wears a mohawk too...-img_0089-jpg
    He's a big bully tho!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

I personally like tattoos and piercings. Both my sons went through the mohawk phase too. We are not ones to judge others either, especially by their outside appearance.

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Your son has a very creative spirit at such a young age! I think it's a pretty cool form of expression. I don't have skin kids but I do have one fur baby who wears a mohawk too...-img_0089-jpg
    He's a big bully tho!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! He's so stinkin cute it's okay if he's a big bully! In the words of my son... Mohawks are awesome. Normal hair is BORING.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I think the small one is the real ink?!? Am I right?!? Great photos!!! My son has had many mohawks in his 10 years of life. He is now requesting pet rats. I can't complain because I had some when I was young.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I think it is awesome that you encourage your children to express themselves and beauty is on the inside... continue as you are as long as you are happy and the kids are
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think it is absolutely fine. I see little ones with mohawks all the time. Usually at this age, kids all want what the others have. Or what they see the others doing. It's great that he knows what he wants and doesn't care what others think. It's being a leader and not a follower. It's knowing who you are inside and not caring what others MAY be thinking.

So, kudos to you.

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

I have a bit of a rebelious streak and the older I get the less I care about what other people think. And those things can sometimes make for an interesting combination! Since I quit my job 2 years ago to pursue a more interesting & challenging career... stay at home Mommy... I haven't had to worry with corporate dress codes & maintaining a 'professional' appearance. And it's been FUN. As I add to my tattoo collection, I just better hope if/when I do go back to work I'm able to find a job that allows visible body art. The short people I work for now don't give a hoot about how I look or what I wear. I guess my next job will be at a tattoo shop or Hot Topic. But for now I'm cool with getting tattoos and wiping butts, instead of kissing butts.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

He's a doll. My son has a mohawk too and we said the same darn thing ...just until school. His is green but has been purple and blue .it is has gotten too way long it covers 1 eye. He mostly wears it down it .I Really gotta get that kid a hair cut. Your family sounds A lot like mine . Monkey just turned 12 and is 5 ft 6 but im only 5 ft. We are also heavily tattooed suburbanite . In fact I have pink hair most of the time. I think people probably make assumptions based on how we look but who cares. Anyone who talks to us for 5 minutes knows he is a great well mannered kid and we are caring, involved parents. Anyone who doesn't take the time to find out doesn't matter anyway
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

From her loving mama, my daughter Rhiannon got her nose pierced for her 16th birthday (we lied about her age) and we got matching tattoos for her 18th birthday. The world "love" written in Hebrew. Yeah. You're a real weirdo. hahahahahaha

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Personally, no, I don't like mohawk haircuts
    Personally, no, I don't like tats
    Personally, no, I don't like piercings
    But, this is America and we are allowed to disagree on what we like and don't like without judging.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I think its cute!Kudos to you guys for standing out, I think. I like that better than "blending" in with the crowd, lol. I see nothing wrong with the mohawk. Its just hair..it grows back. Do whatever with it, lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads