You like my kids mohawk??

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Yeah I really want to get a black moor goldfish on my back shoulder. And I know this sounds silly and ridiculous but I don't want to have it showing when I get married and since most dresses are strapless and such that'd be tough. I really want to get a portrait of Brooklyn somewhere too but I'm worried that I will then need to get one of every bulldog I get, which may amount to many over my life. lol I might run out of room. I always wanted my tongue and belly button done and I also love the monroe piercing but I have very sensitive skin so I worried about getting infections or keloids (which I did get on my cartilage ear piercing).

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I love the pics and I am ALL for expressing yourself in any way you wish. My daughter wants to have a tattoo (she's 18) but I've encouraged her to wait until she has decided on something that is meaningful to her first and not to just get something done for the sake of it. I also told her that I would be the one to take her to have it done.

I've always changed the colour of my hair and I see nothing wrong with that because hair grows so any errors or mistakes will soon be gone, and so my daughter has done the same thing.

I say, don't worry what others think. Some will hate it and judge you for it, but those are also the people who you probably don't want or need in your life anyway!

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I love the pics and I am ALL for expressing yourself in any way you wish. My daughter wants to have a tattoo (she's 18) but I've encouraged her to wait until she has decided on something that is meaningful to her first and not to just get something done for the sake of it. I also told her that I would be the one to take her to have it done

YES tell her to take the time to pick out something that she loves, especiallty as her first tattoo. My first is a tramp stamp on my lower back. I was at the tattoo shop w/ a bunch of friends, my bf at the time and another guy were getting tattoos. I was a little over 18 and decided I was gonna get one too. So I picked a tribal design off the tattoo flash (shudder) and had it done. Now I'm working with my tattoo artist on a possible coverup. It's gonna have to be pretty big to cover it, and my options are somewhat limited on color b/c it has to cover the faded black tat that's already there. But the first order of business is covering up the Japanese symbols on my shoulder b/c my ex hubby and I got matching ones after we were married. You can also order temporary tattoo transfer paper so you can print out your design & wear it as a temporary tattoo first. Go here.... http://www.tattoojohnny.com/

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool dude. He wears it well.:)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Rhi-Mama-tattoos.jpg

My kiddo and me - this summer.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Oh yeah, I like your kid's mohawk. It's pretty cool!

I'm with @BruceP , though.

Personally, I don't like mohawks because I grew up in the 80's British Invasion where Mohawks were the bold statement of rebellion... my generation's version of "emo".
Personally, I don't like tats because 1.) Pain is not something I volunteer for unless absolutely necessary, 2.) If I can change anything about my body, I will, so having something etched on my skin permanently is the complete opposite of that.

But, like what Bruce said - this is America and you are free to express yourself in any way you like. I just have to add too though that this is America and people are also free to enterpret your expression any way they like.

So, my 10-year-old kid wears Sharkboy hair. He has this super straight hair that if you cut short sticks out like a porcupine. So, he has 2 choices, wear it long or wear it military style. He decided to wear it Sharkboy-style... we cut it to about 2 inches long and he gels it spiky. I don't like it much, but I pick my battles and hair is not something I want to fight about. Same with his fashion. He likes wearing these hoodies that make him look like some gangsta - I don't fight that battle either.

BUT - I've drilled it into his head that if you want to be the President of the United States of America, you can't project an image that does not conform to what is expected of that position. Nobody will vote for a President that doesn't looke "Presidential" - whatever that means at that particular point in time. Even bagging groceries at the local store will not hire you if you don't wear their uniforms in the proper manner it is to be worn. So, I've always told him - you are free to express yourself but don't force others to accept your expression - there will be times when you have to suffer the consequence of it. And if you're okay with that, then express on. But, if you want to bag groceries or become President of the USA, then express some other way instead of forcing the establishment to change their interpretation of such an expression to accomodate you. Because the establishment also has an image they want to project.

Yes, I tell my kids to aim high and not to limit themselves. Anybody can be President - if they work hard for it and make good decisions to avoid getting shackled. It's the same lesson I teach them when we talk about drugs or alcohol or smoking or girlfriends. Getting addicted to drugs is basically closing doors on a multitude of options. Wearing a mohawk is the same thing - but, hair can be changed at any time. Piercings can be removed. Drugs, not as easy to get rid of. Tats, the same thing. Unfortunately, life in these United States is such that your image is not who you say you are - it's how people interpret what they see you as. So that no matter how great your principles are, if you look like a hoodlum, you can't win an election... not even American Idol. We just have to balance expression with consequence, that's all.

Okay, here's a true story - some couple in Canada is keeping their children's gender a secret - even to their grandparents - so that the children can grow up without gender bias and they can be free to express who they want to be - boy or girl. So then, one of their kids wears a pigtail and pink clothing and everybody thinks he's a girl and treats him accordingly - so that finally, the kid asked his parents to please tell the school that he is a boy. So yeah, free to express as long as they know the consequence of such expression. Because they can't force people to change centuries of gender identification to accomodate their method of expression.

So yeah, all these things I tell my 10-year-old kid and yes, he still chooses to wear his hair Sharkboy-style and wear gangsta-style clothing. And I'm cool with that.

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
You guys... YOU GUYS !!!!! :)

I had all of you looking like June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver's mom) :rofl:
Some or most of you may never have heard of this TV show from the 50's I believe....
June.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
And I think the Mohawk is awesome. Like [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] said, you have to pick your battles.

and besides, a President with a Mohawk,... hmmmmm.... Maybe that's what we need.!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
a President with a Mohawk,... hmmmmm.... Maybe that's what we need.!

I know, right! I mean - what does hairstyle choice mean to a President? A show of rebellion - we need that. A show of creativity - we need that. A show of style - we need that... :D

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
You guys... YOU GUYS !!!!! :)

I had all of you looking like June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver's mom) :rofl:
Some or most of you may never have heard of this TV show from the 50's I believe....
View attachment 13632

June Cleaver!! Hisssssssssssssssss, pssssssss, psssssssssss!!!!!!!! :ROFL: I certainly do not look or keep house like her.

Oh, and I am DEFINITELY voting for any man, or woman, that runs for prez with a mohawk!
I used to work in Corporate America, for a very big company, and they allowed visible tattoos and piercings. Within reason... nothing vulgar or inappropriate. Things sure have changed from even 11 years ago when I started working there... women had to wear panty hose & close toe shoes if they work dresses or skirts. Panty hose. In Georgia. In the summertime. That was just cruel.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I LOVE it! I found an awesome Darth Vader Hello Kitty that I'm considering putting on the back of my neck. I tried to get my Mom to get a tattoo with me, but she said she has enough scars from surgeries so she's good.

People always ask what the Chinese writing means back there....it's meaningful only to me so I prefer not to say...so I tell them, "It means If you can read this, you are standing too close."
*snork*

Just be sure that Darth Vadar hello kitty is something you'll want people to look at FOREVER. :-)

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
People always ask what the Chinese writing means back there....it's meaningful only to me so I prefer not to say...so I tell them, "It means If you can read this, you are standing too close."
*snork*

Just be sure that Darth Vadar hello kitty is something you'll want people to look at FOREVER. :-)

Ok, I'm stealing that line! I have Japanese symbols on the back of my left shoulder, so this shall be my new comeback! :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online