You like my kids mohawk??

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
OK. My almost 5 year old son has a mohawk. He has had it since summer. Our intentions were to let him wear it until school started in August, then shave it. Welllll, it didn't work out that way. Back to school time came & he freaked about us cutting it! Since he's in a private church pre-k, they don't have a dress code, and since at Open House the teacher didn't tell us to get rid of it, the 'hawk stayed.
It's been orange, pink, red, and now back to orange. We are your normal, everyday, tattooed suburban family. We are good parents, deeply love our kids and animals, and strive to teach our children that true beauty is on the INSIDE.
My husband is 6'5", I'm 5'8", and my son is about a foot taller than all the other kids in his preschool class. And the entire preschool for that matter. Despite his size, he's the complete polar opposite of a bully, just like his Daddy.
My Granny (74 years young) does NOT like his mohawk. I've had my fair share of discussions on the subject, and it always makes me determined to leave it and reminds me to touch up his color. We can't go anywhere without at least 3 people telling him how awesome his hair is, or they love his do, or what have you. But does having a 5 year old with a mohawk make people automatically assume we are freaks, or bad parents? I just wonder what people really think when they see us crossing the street.

So here's my sweet boys picture... I told him to make a 'mean' face. I think it's cute since he never actually really makes that face.
100_5896.jpg

This is what we do with our days:

Arts & Crafts: Red hair color and a blonde clip in ponytail.
100_58732.jpg

Mother Daughter Bonding: Mommy & me tattoos. Look closely, can you spot the real ink?
100_5804.jpg

Life Lessons: Your attitude doesn't necessarily have to match your appearance.
100_5942.jpg

We're nuts, and it's so normal. I love my life. How can living honestly and absolutely loving life NOT be normal?

Attachments

• 100_5894.jpg
    100_5894.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 118

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Your son has a very creative spirit at such a young age! I think it's a pretty cool form of expression. I don't have skin kids but I do have one fur baby who wears a mohawk too...IMG_0089.jpg
He's a big bully tho!!:lol:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I personally like tattoos and piercings. Both my sons went through the mohawk phase too. We are not ones to judge others either, especially by their outside appearance.

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
Your son has a very creative spirit at such a young age! I think it's a pretty cool form of expression. I don't have skin kids but I do have one fur baby who wears a mohawk too...View attachment 13574
He's a big bully tho!!:lol:

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! He's so stinkin cute it's okay if he's a big bully! In the words of my son... Mohawks are awesome. Normal hair is BORING.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I think the small one is the real ink?!? Am I right?!? :begging: Great photos!!! My son has had many mohawks in his 10 years of life. He is now requesting pet rats. I can't complain because I had some when I was young.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think it is awesome that you encourage your children to express themselves and beauty is on the inside... continue as you are as long as you are happy and the kids are

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think it is absolutely fine. I see little ones with mohawks all the time. Usually at this age, kids all want what the others have. Or what they see the others doing. It's great that he knows what he wants and doesn't care what others think. It's being a leader and not a follower. It's knowing who you are inside and not caring what others MAY be thinking.

So, kudos to you.

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I have a bit of a rebelious streak and the older I get the less I care about what other people think. And those things can sometimes make for an interesting combination! Since I quit my job 2 years ago to pursue a more interesting & challenging career... stay at home Mommy... I haven't had to worry with corporate dress codes & maintaining a 'professional' appearance. And it's been FUN. As I add to my tattoo collection, I just better hope if/when I do go back to work I'm able to find a job that allows visible body art. :pray: The short people I work for now don't give a hoot about how I look or what I wear. I guess my next job will be at a tattoo shop or Hot Topic. But for now I'm cool with getting tattoos and wiping butts, instead of kissing butts.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
He's a doll. My son has a mohawk too and we said the same darn thing ...just until school. His is green but has been purple and blue .it is has gotten too way long it covers 1 eye. He mostly wears it down it .I Really gotta get that kid a hair cut. Your family sounds A lot like mine . Monkey just turned 12 and is 5 ft 6 but im only 5 ft. We are also heavily tattooed suburbanite . In fact I have pink hair most of the time. I think people probably make assumptions based on how we look but who cares. Anyone who talks to us for 5 minutes knows he is a great well mannered kid and we are caring, involved parents. Anyone who doesn't take the time to find out doesn't matter anyway

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
From her loving mama, my daughter Rhiannon got her nose pierced for her 16th birthday (we lied about her age) and we got matching tattoos for her 18th birthday. The world "love" written in Hebrew. Yeah. You're a real weirdo. hahahahahaha

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Personally, no, I don't like mohawk haircuts
Personally, no, I don't like tats
Personally, no, I don't like piercings
But, this is America and we are allowed to disagree on what we like and don't like without judging.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I think its cute!Kudos to you guys for standing out, I think. I like that better than "blending" in with the crowd, lol. I see nothing wrong with the mohawk. Its just hair..it grows back. Do whatever with it, lol.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I think mohawks on kids is so cute. I personally love tats and piercings too. I had 7 in my ears and my nose done at one point. I also have a tattoo on my foot and am planning my next on my lower back. I'm a senior in college and a finance major so I closed 3 holes in my ears and my nose since I'd never find a job if I kept them. Also have been trying to pick tattoo spots that can be shown easily if I want but are just as easy to cover when necessary for work. Sucks, but I gotta do what I have to to get a job, especially in this economy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Here in California I think this is more acceptable probably. In fact my nephew has had many diff haircuts in his little life. I like the mohawk and fauhawk on little boys, so cute! I too like tats but not sure I would choose to let my kids get theirs too young. My gosh what tats hubby wanted 20 years ago are not the same as he has now thankfully. haha Your family is adorable for sure!!!

OP
LoveMyBullyBoy

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] I'm headed to Sally's today for either a bottle of Cotton Candy Pink or dark blonde. My hair is platinum right now, so I'm still deciding what I want to look like this week! I like the red color I put in my son's hair, in the above pic, but it didn't take it any time to fade to bozo red. So I put orange back on his hair to get rid of that. He mostly wears his down too b/c it's getting longer, but every now & then I have to spike it!
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] the back of your shoulder is a good spot for an easy to cover or show tat. The only ones I have that are easy to see are on my left wrist. I got a Lotus Flower on my inner wrist in my kids birthstone colors and a pink carnation (for a Mother's love) on the top of my wrist. That's to basically symbolize my children and my love for them, & the fact they're together means we always will be too. I have one on the top of my foot, lower back, back of my shoulder, stomach, and 2 on my wrist. And believe it or not, the one on my stomach still looks perfect... even after both my kids! I get a lot of compliments on the ones on my wrist. I have 5 holes in my ears & my cartiladge, my belly button, had my tongue twice but that's been gone for years. Had a Monroe but it only lasted a week before I took it out b/c it was scraping my teeth & gums.
Tattoos are much more acceptable than they used to be. They're not just for sailors and prostitutes anymore.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.