Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You like my kids mohawk??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: You like my kids mohawk??

I think mohawks on kids is so cute. I personally love tats and piercings too. I had 7 in my ears and my nose done at one point. I also have a tattoo on my foot and am planning my next on my lower back. I'm a senior in college and a finance major so I closed 3 holes in my ears and my nose since I'd never find a job if I kept them. Also have been trying to pick tattoo spots that can be shown easily if I want but are just as easy to cover when necessary for work. Sucks, but I gotta do what I have to to get a job, especially in this economy.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Here in California I think this is more acceptable probably. In fact my nephew has had many diff haircuts in his little life. I like the mohawk and fauhawk on little boys, so cute! I too like tats but not sure I would choose to let my kids get theirs too young. My gosh what tats hubby wanted 20 years ago are not the same as he has now thankfully. haha Your family is adorable for sure!!!

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

@dozersmama I'm headed to Sally's today for either a bottle of Cotton Candy Pink or dark blonde. My hair is platinum right now, so I'm still deciding what I want to look like this week! I like the red color I put in my son's hair, in the above pic, but it didn't take it any time to fade to bozo red. So I put orange back on his hair to get rid of that. He mostly wears his down too b/c it's getting longer, but every now & then I have to spike it!
    @Sarah the back of your shoulder is a good spot for an easy to cover or show tat. The only ones I have that are easy to see are on my left wrist. I got a Lotus Flower on my inner wrist in my kids birthstone colors and a pink carnation (for a Mother's love) on the top of my wrist. That's to basically symbolize my children and my love for them, & the fact they're together means we always will be too. I have one on the top of my foot, lower back, back of my shoulder, stomach, and 2 on my wrist. And believe it or not, the one on my stomach still looks perfect... even after both my kids! I get a lot of compliments on the ones on my wrist. I have 5 holes in my ears & my cartiladge, my belly button, had my tongue twice but that's been gone for years. Had a Monroe but it only lasted a week before I took it out b/c it was scraping my teeth & gums.
    Tattoos are much more acceptable than they used to be. They're not just for sailors and prostitutes anymore.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

Yeah I really want to get a black moor goldfish on my back shoulder. And I know this sounds silly and ridiculous but I don't want to have it showing when I get married and since most dresses are strapless and such that'd be tough. I really want to get a portrait of Brooklyn somewhere too but I'm worried that I will then need to get one of every bulldog I get, which may amount to many over my life. lol I might run out of room. I always wanted my tongue and belly button done and I also love the monroe piercing but I have very sensitive skin so I worried about getting infections or keloids (which I did get on my cartilage ear piercing).

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I love the pics and I am ALL for expressing yourself in any way you wish. My daughter wants to have a tattoo (she's 18) but I've encouraged her to wait until she has decided on something that is meaningful to her first and not to just get something done for the sake of it. I also told her that I would be the one to take her to have it done.

I've always changed the colour of my hair and I see nothing wrong with that because hair grows so any errors or mistakes will soon be gone, and so my daughter has done the same thing.

I say, don't worry what others think. Some will hate it and judge you for it, but those are also the people who you probably don't want or need in your life anyway!

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

I love the pics and I am ALL for expressing yourself in any way you wish. My daughter wants to have a tattoo (she's 18) but I've encouraged her to wait until she has decided on something that is meaningful to her first and not to just get something done for the sake of it. I also told her that I would be the one to take her to have it done
    YES tell her to take the time to pick out something that she loves, especiallty as her first tattoo. My first is a tramp stamp on my lower back. I was at the tattoo shop w/ a bunch of friends, my bf at the time and another guy were getting tattoos. I was a little over 18 and decided I was gonna get one too. So I picked a tribal design off the tattoo flash (shudder) and had it done. Now I'm working with my tattoo artist on a possible coverup. It's gonna have to be pretty big to cover it, and my options are somewhat limited on color b/c it has to cover the faded black tat that's already there. But the first order of business is covering up the Japanese symbols on my shoulder b/c my ex hubby and I got matching ones after we were married. You can also order temporary tattoo transfer paper so you can print out your design & wear it as a temporary tattoo first. Go here.... http://www.tattoojohnny.com/

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Cool dude. He wears it well.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

-rhi-mama-tattoos-jpg

My kiddo and me - this summer.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Oh yeah, I like your kid's mohawk. It's pretty cool!

I'm with @BruceP , though.

Personally, I don't like mohawks because I grew up in the 80's British Invasion where Mohawks were the bold statement of rebellion... my generation's version of "emo".
    Personally, I don't like tats because 1.) Pain is not something I volunteer for unless absolutely necessary, 2.) If I can change anything about my body, I will, so having something etched on my skin permanently is the complete opposite of that.

But, like what Bruce said - this is America and you are free to express yourself in any way you like. I just have to add too though that this is America and people are also free to enterpret your expression any way they like.

So, my 10-year-old kid wears Sharkboy hair. He has this super straight hair that if you cut short sticks out like a porcupine. So, he has 2 choices, wear it long or wear it military style. He decided to wear it Sharkboy-style... we cut it to about 2 inches long and he gels it spiky. I don't like it much, but I pick my battles and hair is not something I want to fight about. Same with his fashion. He likes wearing these hoodies that make him look like some gangsta - I don't fight that battle either.

BUT - I've drilled it into his head that if you want to be the President of the United States of America, you can't project an image that does not conform to what is expected of that position. Nobody will vote for a President that doesn't looke "Presidential" - whatever that means at that particular point in time. Even bagging groceries at the local store will not hire you if you don't wear their uniforms in the proper manner it is to be worn. So, I've always told him - you are free to express yourself but don't force others to accept your expression - there will be times when you have to suffer the consequence of it. And if you're okay with that, then express on. But, if you want to bag groceries or become President of the USA, then express some other way instead of forcing the establishment to change their interpretation of such an expression to accomodate you. Because the establishment also has an image they want to project.

Yes, I tell my kids to aim high and not to limit themselves. Anybody can be President - if they work hard for it and make good decisions to avoid getting shackled. It's the same lesson I teach them when we talk about drugs or alcohol or smoking or girlfriends. Getting addicted to drugs is basically closing doors on a multitude of options. Wearing a mohawk is the same thing - but, hair can be changed at any time. Piercings can be removed. Drugs, not as easy to get rid of. Tats, the same thing. Unfortunately, life in these United States is such that your image is not who you say you are - it's how people interpret what they see you as. So that no matter how great your principles are, if you look like a hoodlum, you can't win an election... not even American Idol. We just have to balance expression with consequence, that's all.

Okay, here's a true story - some couple in Canada is keeping their children's gender a secret - even to their grandparents - so that the children can grow up without gender bias and they can be free to express who they want to be - boy or girl. So then, one of their kids wears a pigtail and pink clothing and everybody thinks he's a girl and treats him accordingly - so that finally, the kid asked his parents to please tell the school that he is a boy. So yeah, free to express as long as they know the consequence of such expression. Because they can't force people to change centuries of gender identification to accomodate their method of expression.

So yeah, all these things I tell my 10-year-old kid and yes, he still chooses to wear his hair Sharkboy-style and wear gangsta-style clothing. And I'm cool with that.
    Last edited by anatess; 11-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

You guys... YOU GUYS !!!!! [replacer_img]

I had all of you looking like June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver's mom)
    Some or most of you may never have heard of this TV show from the 50's I believe....
    -june-jpg
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 11-07-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

And I think the Mohawk is awesome. Like @anatess said, you have to pick your battles.

and besides, a President with a Mohawk,... hmmmmm.... Maybe that's what we need.!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    a President with a Mohawk,... hmmmmm.... Maybe that's what we need.!
    I know, right! I mean - what does hairstyle choice mean to a President? A show of rebellion - we need that. A show of creativity - we need that. A show of style - we need that...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads