Sad news

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
It's been a long long weekend. Two weeks ago I told you all about expecting my first little one. I guess it just wasn't ment to be. I started cramping Saturday night and by Sunday I was (tmi?) bleeding pretty heaving. Went to the ER and found out I was miscarrying. I ending up having to have a D&C later that night.
I feel pretty devastated and lost. I keep going over every I know I shouldn't wallow in my own sadness but I just feel so awful. Me and my fella aren't together anymore and my sister is out of town at the moment- so I guess I wanted to post on here so I don't go crazy sitting home alone tonight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am so sorry... I wish I knew what to say to help you. Please know we are all here for you and post what you need to that will help in anyway

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So sorry. Sometimes life just bites! :( hope things get better for you soon.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am so sorry to hear the news. We are all here for you. Please know you are in our prayers and we all hope time will heal your hurt.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh!! I am sorry for your loss!!! You are in the right spot for support. We are here for you!!! :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug:.. My oldest daughter had 4 miscarriages..all AFTER having an uneventful pregnancy the first time. She had the miscarriages at various stages of gestation. No rhyme..no reason. Very hard on her emotionally and the last one happened at 5 months so there was physical difficulties also. It's good you are speaking of it. You will find it's very common. That won't console you..but you have a womanhood of company. Don't try to analyze it..you will grieve and never really know what happened but it's not for us to answer. The good news is..my daughter went on to have a healthy baby boy...you will be okay. I'm proud of you for opening up! :hug:

OP
kayrahbear

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I felt like I needed to just talk about it. I'm glad to hear your daughter went on to have a healthy baby boy. This is my second miscarriage and even though I know it's not my fault I just want to analyze everything for what I could have done to cause it.

Thank you guys for all your support. It's really great to have it right now.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry, [MENTION=3197]kayrahbear[/MENTION]. I too am glad you felt you could open up about this here. Time to take extra good care of yourself. Lots of hugs to you.:hug:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, so sorry to hear about your loss kayrahbear. Let us know if you need anything, and don't be shy posting whenever you feel like talking.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
So sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage in my third pregnancy. The pregnancy had been unexpected as I was using birth control but was welcoming him/her into the world anyway. After 8 weeks on a Saturday, I started bleeding heavily and I went to emergency but there were so many people there and had been told there was only one doctor that I went home and didn't come back till Monday. I knew what was happening though. I was foolish to have gone back home because I had lost so much blood I was shaking. That same day I also had a D&C which turned out to be an unpleasant experience because my nurse could not find a vein for an IV. She kept digging around my arm and bursting my veins and kept blaming me all the while, saying I was too nervous. Not true she was just bad at it. Someone else came along and got it the IV needle in on the first try. I don't think it hit me till I got home how sad the whole thing was. Was it a boy or a girl. I felt it was going to be a boy and was going to call him Peter. The nurse told me a lot of miscarriages are either twins or boys. Don't know why she volunteered that information cause it didn't make me feel any better. Although I knew my husband didn't want anymore children I asked if we might still try this time for one more. He agreed and after the doctor gave me the ok and two months later I was pregnant with a baby girl. All went well and I actually started labor on Halloween and delivered the morning after. All went perfect. But I never forgot my little baby Peetee.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Several of my friends have had miscarriages and it is heartbreaking. Just know that you are not alone and it was nothing that you did, sometimes nature just decides it isn't meant to be. Sometimes it helps to just curl up with some tea, a movie, and just have a good cry to get it out. And know that time will slowly help heal some of the hurt. Sending hugs your way...

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=3197]kayrahbear[/MENTION] I feel your pain so acutely. I have had many miscarriages over the years and know that right now you are confused, angry, upset and anylising EVERYTHING you did to try and figure out what you did wrong. Spontaneous miscarriage is very difficult to cope with but by opening up you are taking the first steps to healing. I hope you are taking it easy and eating healthily to help your body heal too. :hug:I do have 2 very healthy boys and had a lot of medical help to ensure my youngest didn't miscarry, I had my cervix stitched at 12 weeks and had a very lazy pregnancy with many checks and hospital stays. thankfully it paid off and I have a beautiful boy who actually went 2weeks over term Go figure :D

OP
kayrahbear

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
I feel better knowing other people when on to carry to term. With this being my second on I've been so anxious thinking that something is wrong with me and I won't ever have kids. But I think that's just me being sad right now.

Roscoe has been quite the nurse. He's been very giving with the bully kisses.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=3197]kayrahbear[/MENTION] you are never alone when you are on here. The people who know your pain have been there. I'm so glad you have found this place, it's more than a site for bulldogs. I found friends on here. You have too. :luv:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So sorry to hear this. You have a right to be sad too. I had 5 pregnancies and 1 child. I too struggled for years and am blessed to have the one child I have. I got very angry and always thought it was my fault. We're all here for you!!! I wish you the best!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.