Pictures of Our New House

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] sorry I was thinking more the colour and maybe the idea of a darker roof :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Not to sabatoge Kelly's thread...but for @anatess .

Notice that the ceiling is a couple shades darker than the darker wall color. I like the look of darker ceilings. most of our rooms have darker ceilings than walls and it 'works'. Believe it or not it actually helps the rooms seem larger.

BedroomWalls004.jpg

It looks so much nicer in real life than this pic. The hangings on the walls complete the look. Think I need to take another pic... lol

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Just snapped:

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], Bruce, THAT'S AN AWESOME ROOM! Yes, loving the dark ceiling! I saw it at a model home once and I have always wanted to try it but... being five-foot-nothing, the thought of reaching up with the long-pole roller brush just kinda discouraged me a bit. But, your photos is giving me more incentive. I still have my office that hasn't been "remodelled", so I'm going to definitely do that in there. It's one of only 2 rooms in my house that only has 9-foot ceilings.

Okay, I'm going to get it done before Thanksgiving... hopefully.

Okay, [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], that room is really great except for that big black box on the wall... it ruins the look. LOL! Yea, yea... my husband won't let me touch the big hideous box on our wall either...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I was skeptical about the dark ceilings too,,,, til we did our first one at Lari's insistence .. our kitchen, which is dark blue w/cream walls and dark green below the border/chair rail.

Lari's edit:

Kitchen has one wallpapered accent wall then border all the way around the room at chair rail height. And thin border strip between ceiling and wall.

kitchen4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.