Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Our New House

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pictures of Our New House

Yep ... well they were certainly "adventurous" with their interior design weren't they!!!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Those veggie baskets wall paper really add to the character of the house!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Really will look nice when you are done with it. The yard looks great with the trees.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I didn't even post a picture of the Master bedroom and bath. The bedroom is painted Dark Hunter Green and the bath is painted gold!!! We spent over $200 just on primer this weekend. Every single room is going to need primed except the living room which is a nice neutral cream color. We are starting in the bedroom since we ordered a new bedroom suit and will have it delivered when we move. So new paint for the bedroom and bath and a new ceiling fan that cost more than the $12.00 one they have up. Will show before and after.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

It's so weird looking at the modern curb appeal of the house then aging back 30 years inside! Yea, I'm good with wallpaper but not those country-patterned ones. My house was the same when we moved in - wallpaper in the kitchen with blue flowers... Barf.

Look at the bright side... At least there's no moose-head on the wall. My house had a real deal moose head on the kids' bedroom (the previous owner had 8 year old twin boys) and a ceiling fan with decorated with deer horns. Imagine waking up to that in the morning...
    Last edited by anatess; 10-31-2011 at 03:55 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Look at the bright side... At least there's no moose-head on the wall. My house had a real deal moose head on the kids' bedroom (the previous owner had 8 year old twin boys) and a ceiling fan with decorated with deer horns. Imagine waking up to that in the morning...
    OMG! Where was this? Montana?

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Hey.....*standing up in front of the room*. My name is Lari and I like wallpaper........
    I'm stand up right beside you Lari......My name is Angie and I too like wallpaper.
    In my defence I live in a Victorian Terrace with not a single flat wall in sight.....Wallpaper hides a multitude of sins

And @anatess my kitchen and stairway have accent walls with Blue Flowers on...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    OMG! Where was this? Montana?
    Florida, mind you... where you got sea, sun, and fun... and a moose-head apparently. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    And @anatess my kitchen and stairway have accent walls with Blue Flowers on...
    Yikes! LOL. Ok, I found an old photo of my house with the blue wallpaper. I'm sure yours looks much better than this!

And while I was looking at the old photos, I found an old photo of my friend's apartment wall. She can't put up wallpaper in an apartment but she can paint as long as she re-paints it white before she moves out. So, she painted the wall to look like it was papered. Isn't it awesome!

Lucy-licious

WOW! @anatess! She painted that?

and yes my flowers are much more tasteful...thats a little BUSY to say the least. I bet it made your eyes go

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Wow how long did that take your friend to do?!?!?!?! Turned out nice but dang I like nice and easy, dont think I could ever do something like that. When I start painting I like to finish that same day, doesnt happen in reality with 2 little ones but this is always my goal. haha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    WOW! @anatess ! She painted that?
    Yes! She's quite talented. She painted the entire wall red, then she free-hand brushed the black rectangles to look like brick. Another friend of mine copied the technique but made stone slabs instead of brick using cream-color base then free-hand brushed thin-edged craggy rectangles with light brown. I don't have a picture of it though.

She moved out of that apartment long time ago and moved to a house. She's the one I told you about that put patterned wallpaper on the wall and painted over it. I found a picture of it:

The area rug is the basis of the room design. If you look closely at the red rectangles on the wall, you see a swirl pattern that match the design of the rug. That's the embossing of the wallpaper that shows up. Very subtle but it pops out when viewed with the area rug. When she bought the wallpaper, I was like, "uhm, that will NOT look good - it doesn't match!" because the colors of the paper was completely psychedelic... like puked out lava lamps. I didn't know she was going to paint over it. By the way, she did this wall by first painting the entire wall white. Then we taped up the wall to form the rectangles (have to use the green painters tape also called "frog tape", not the blue painters tape), then we wallpapered some of the rectangles, then we painted over each rectangle one by one. When we pulled out the tape, this is the result! It looked really cool.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

And since I'm on a roll with these painting stuff and hey, it might give @KMARINO some decorating ideas... here's my room with a super simple but different technique:

Notice the striped wall. It's actually just one color! First, I painted the whole wall with 2 coats of flat paint. Then I taped up 1-foot sections and painted it with one coat of the same color paint but in gloss. And that's the result! Super simple. Oh, pardon the mess - we were in the middle of decorating this room when the picture was taken.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads