Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Guess what????

Guess what guys???

I GOT THE JOB AT PETCO! I went in to just talk to the manager since he hadn't called me like @heff101 said..and he said while I was there might as well interview me, lol. So he had the other main hiring guy interview me and he liked me and he gave me the job! I start Thursday.

I want to thank all of you for all of the encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. I'm so happy I'm going to have a job I like!!

now to tell my mom haha

heff101

Default Re: Guess what????

Amazing what a little positive attitude can do for yah eh.
    Congrats now go make me proud!!!! hahahaha
    So do we all get the "family" discount now????

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    Guess what guys???

I GOT THE JOB AT PETCO! I went in to just talk to the manager since he hadn't called me like @heff101 said..and he said while I was there might as well interview me, lol. So he had the other main hiring guy interview me and he liked me and he gave me the job! I start Thursday.

I want to thank all of you for all of the encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. I'm so happy I'm going to have a job I like!!

now to tell my mom haha

Why bother??
    I would wait a few weeks then tell her.
    She is only going to knock you down about it anyways.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Aww Lauren Im so happy for you. Congrats

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

CONGRATS! Wonderful, exciting news. Go forth and kick bootay!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

thanks guys!

@heff101 I feel like I better teller her sooner rather than later. the longer I go on without telling her I think the worse it will get.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

YAY!!! I"m so happy for you Lauren
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    Why bother??
    I would wait a few weeks then tell her.
    She is only going to knock you down about it anyways.
    I would tell mama. Just to get it out and over with. But, I would do it in a very casual manner like, "hey mom, I'm not going to be home on Thursday, okay? And by the way, I got a job at PetCo." And that's it. If she says some crazy idiot thing about it, I would just shrug it off and say, "okay, thanks for your concern, mom." And that's it. Then come to EBN to get your positive vibes to get you going...

Okay, I didn't get a chance to say anything in your other thread, so if I may, I would just like to say something... I know you don't really aspire to make a lot of money and all that, but, I have to say, money is important. You mentioned in your other thread that you don't need much because it's just you. But, this is not going to last too long. You kinda have to look beyond the here and now and consider - what if you start having children, what if you get major illness, what happens when you get too old to have a job, what happens if your bulldog has to go to surgery... etc. etc. All that requires money. So, yes, a career path shouldn't be chosen just for the monetary gain, but at the same time, you have to be practical and balance happiness with the money that can keep you in that happy state. So that, money is not an objective... it's an enabler. It opens up more options for you later down in life (like more opportunities for your kids, more options for treatment for yourself, your family, and your pets, etc.).

Anyway, being a groomer at PetCo is a great start to a fulfilling career that could potentially have the perfect balance of happy and enabling money... Welcome to the start of the rest of your life! Yeay!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

YEAH!! Way to go Lauren, so proud of you. Now you can do the happy dance. Good luck with your mom, hope she does not give you too much of a hard time about it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

heff101

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    I would tell mama. Just to get it out and over with. But, I would do it in a very casual manner like, "hey mom, I'm not going to be home on Thursday, okay? And by the way, I got a job at PetCo." And that's it. If she says some crazy idiot thing about it, I would just shrug it off and say, "okay, thanks for your concern, mom." And that's it. Then come to EBN to get your positive vibes to get you going...

Okay, I didn't get a chance to say anything in your other thread, so if I may, I would just like to say something... I know you don't really aspire to make a lot of money and all that, but, I have to say, money is important. You mentioned in your other thread that you don't need much because it's just you. But, this is not going to last too long. You kinda have to look beyond the here and now and consider - what if you start having children, what if you get major illness, what happens when you get too old to have a job, what happens if your bulldog has to go to surgery... etc. etc. All that requires money. So, yes, a career path shouldn't be chosen just for the monetary gain, but at the same time, you have to be practical and balance happiness with the money that can keep you in that happy state. So that, money is not an objective... it's an enabler. It opens up more options for you later down in life (like more opportunities for your kids, more options for treatment for yourself, your family, and your pets, etc.).

Anyway, being a groomer at PetCo is a great start to a fulfilling career that could potentially have the perfect balance of happy and enabling money... Welcome to the start of the rest of your life! Yeay!
    wow thats a tad of a downer reply.
    I was 29 before I finally got my crap together.
    Friend of mine was 37 and decided to go to University and get a degree.
    My point is let her live for the moment and be happy about it.
    One can always make changes in life as life moves along.
    I am in my mid forties and am looking at a drastic career change as we speak.
    Last edited by heff101; 10-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heff101 View Post
    wow thats a tad of a downer reply.
    I was 29 before I finally got my crap together.
    Friend of mine was 37 and decided to go to University and get a degree.
    My point is let her live for the moment and be happy about it.
    One can always make changes in live as live moves along.
    I'm not sure what makes this a downer reply. It's not a "advice for kids under 20 years of age". It's "life and career advice". At any age. It's not meant to put anybody down. It's only meant to expand one's outlook about how money goes into the picture of career choices in response to her very first post on this matter in a different thread (the one where she told us about how this career-choice-problem-with-mom came about). I should have put the response there but I couldn't find it.

My mom was 65 years old when she defied my dad and decided she's going to work. Before that, she was a stay-at-home-mom from the time she got married at age 24 (My dad insisted that his job is good enough for the family even if he was only a start-up salesman while my mother was an established midwife). She worked at K-mart folding and arranging clothes on display. Made her very happy.

There's only one thing constant in life - and that's Change.
    Last edited by anatess; 10-18-2011 at 06:53 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yippppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... good for you! so proud you followed through today! best of luck and just remember -- it is abut you, be happy! Hey, if you want I send Banks over for a few days to teach you how to be 'ALL about you'.. hee hee hee
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads