Guess what????

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am late to this thread wow!!!! Congrats to you Lauren for being "man" enough to do what you were so afraid of. The hard part is done, now you can start enjoying your new "chosen" life. Have you started there yet?! This inspires me to go to petco and use their groomers also. I would hire you anyday!!!! Good job! Very proud of you! You are very smart and talented and will do very well in the future.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks so much everyone!!

@Vicaroo100 I haven't seen that. I'm very curious though...tempted to watch it!

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] yup, I started last week...they only had me scheduled two days but ended up putting me in four in a row after I worked one day LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks so much everyone!!@Vicaroo100 I haven't seen that. I'm very curious though...tempted to watch it![MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] yup, I started last week...they only had me scheduled two days but ended up putting me in four in a row after I worked one day LOL
:dancing:... Lauren..I've been looking for an update! Do you like it?? Obviously they :love: you! Good for you..extra days added! That's such great news! Keep up the good work!! And please keep us informed!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great to hear the first week went so well... keep up the good work. very proud/happy for you

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I agree they obviously DO like you or they wouldnt have worked you all week, congrats!!! Are you feeling better since starting (as far as depression goes?) I would think this would be a huge lift to your spirit for sure! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] was wondering if you told your mom yet so I decided to look here and there it was. Good for you and glad it went better than you thought. Now you have that off your back and can concentrate on your job and be happy. So excited for you and proud of you. Great job!!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] I've definitely been felling a lot happier :) I think I'm making the right choice.

I'm annoyed with them though. This week and next week I'm only getting 10 hours because there's not enough hours to go around. That's not enough for me to make the car payment..I really need money. And she hasn't started showing me any grooming stuff yet and I desperately want to learn.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lauren, can you possibly get more hours by working in other areas of the store besides the grooming section, for the time being anyway? Is that something you'd want to do...it's a good way to build contacts with customers you may interact with.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lauren, can you possibly get more hours by working in other areas of the store besides the grooming section, for the time being anyway? Is that something you'd want to do...it's a good way to build contacts with customers you may interact with.

That was what i was going to say also. ;) I dont know how seasonal grooming is but this may be the time of year it slows a little thru the holidays so picking up hours in the store in the meantime if possible might be a good idea. My dad owns his own automotive shop and this is the worst time of year for him so it may be similar?

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I don't think they plan on training me in the rest of the store, honestly. He never mentioned that to me. I brought it up and he said I'd be in the salon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't think they plan on training me in the rest of the store, honestly. He never mentioned that to me. I brought it up and he said I'd be in the salon.
I sense negativity rearing it's ugleeeeeee head! :nonono:.. Be happy you have your foot in the door..Lauren..take what they give you..make the most of it and move forward!! No sour mugs here! You will learn from here..and it will only help you! :hug:

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I sense negativity rearing it's ugleeeeeee head! :nonono:.. Be happy you have your foot in the door..Lauren..take what they give you..make the most of it and move forward!! No sour mugs here! You will learn from here..and it will only help you! :hug:

Becky! Your advice is great!

Yeah, Lauren, keep with the positive and make negatives positive! Don't forget... you are a special, wonderful, kind, caring, talented, courageous person. Those qualities always shine through if you focus on the positives and eventually the manager will recognize you as a versatile, valuable resource and spread you out.

But yes, for now, you still have to make car payments... so maybe you can just supplement it for now by doing grooming at home for your friends' dogs. You can probably make a few phone calls to them to see if any of them need a grooming.

Members online

No members online now.