Guess what????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
wow thats a tad of a downer reply.I was 29 before I finally got my crap together.Friend of mine was 37 and decided to go to University and get a degree.My point is let her live for the moment and be happy about it.One can always make changes in life as life moves along.I am in my mid forties and am looking at a drastic career change as we speak.
I agree with Heff...most people spend their entire lives figuring out what they want "to do"!!! I believe..if you are lucky enough to love what you do...then girlfriend...you are on your way! I'm proud of you Lauren..and I'm confident you've taken a big step. Whether or not you end up as a groomer or not isn't the point. The point is..this is YOUR journey..no one elses...and to take one step forward is huge! :hug:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
petco is lucky to have someone as excited about being there as you are :) congrats

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Yay!!!! Congrats!!! So happy for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks guys!!!

I told my mom about it tonight. She's not happy, but it went better than I thought. She thinks I won't make anything and blah blah blah haha. I was good in my argument and made all of my points and I think I showed her it's going to be fine. She is just under the impression that it won't ever amount to anything. Welp, she's wrong..I'm going to make it amount to something.

She brought up the whole needing a bachelor's. I brought up all the people in this crappy economy who have amazing degrees and are working in retail stores or factories because they can't get jobs in their fields.

Oh, and she thinks I'll get kicked of of the health insurance. I told her no, I can stay on til I'm 26 now even if I'm not a student because of Obama changing it. She doesn't believe me and told me to stop being a smart ***. o.o She doesn't like Obama..

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im glad that it went better than you expected.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, Lauren, what GREAT!!!! news!!! I was thinking about you today and just got home to open this thread. That lucky Petco you'll be working at is going to have some terrific looking animals once you start working there! Yay for you!!:bravo:

Dayna524

Sep 4, 2011
South Bend,IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci
I think that is so exciting! I had a friend that they ended up paying for his schooling and he is now a dog trainer for them....the possibilities are endless and you will love it! Congrats!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Congrats!

6e54a2f5.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], you are RIGHT!! My son got back on my ins. until he is 26 even though he was not a student then, (he is now) so you will be able to have health ins. I am glad it went OK, as a parent I know I want the best for my children, but most of all I want them to be happy.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Congratulations!! I wish you lived close I need a good dog groomer!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is such excellent news and I am so happy for you. I know that both getting the petco job and standing up to your Mum are two HUGE things in your life. So :bravo:.

You GO GIRL ... and show 'em how it's done!!!! :dancing:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] - I'm rewatching Season Five of The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan and if you have NOT seen Episode 14 of Season 5 "Buster, Jack and Marley", you simply MUST. It's about a Mobile Groomer and Cesar tags along to help with her most challenging clients. I swear, I've seen it at least three times and I'm watching it again. It's inspirational! I think you'll find it equally inspiring, given your new career path!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.