Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Guess what guys???

I GOT THE JOB AT PETCO! :D I went in to just talk to the manager since he hadn't called me like [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] said..and he said while I was there might as well interview me, lol. So he had the other main hiring guy interview me and he liked me and he gave me the job! I start Thursday. :)

I want to thank all of you for all of the encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. I'm so happy I'm going to have a job I like!!

now to tell my mom haha

H

heff101

:lmao::yes:

Amazing what a little positive attitude can do for yah eh.
Congrats now go make me proud!!!! hahahaha
So do we all get the "family" discount now????

H

heff101

Guess what guys???

I GOT THE JOB AT PETCO! :D I went in to just talk to the manager since he hadn't called me like @heff101 said..and he said while I was there might as well interview me, lol. So he had the other main hiring guy interview me and he liked me and he gave me the job! I start Thursday. :)

I want to thank all of you for all of the encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. I'm so happy I'm going to have a job I like!!

now to tell my mom haha

Why bother??
I would wait a few weeks then tell her.
She is only going to knock you down about it anyways.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Aww Lauren Im so happy for you. Congrats

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
thanks guys!

[MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] I feel like I better teller her sooner rather than later. the longer I go on without telling her I think the worse it will get.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Why bother??
I would wait a few weeks then tell her.
She is only going to knock you down about it anyways.

I would tell mama. Just to get it out and over with. But, I would do it in a very casual manner like, "hey mom, I'm not going to be home on Thursday, okay? And by the way, I got a job at PetCo." And that's it. If she says some crazy idiot thing about it, I would just shrug it off and say, "okay, thanks for your concern, mom." And that's it. Then come to EBN to get your positive vibes to get you going...

Okay, I didn't get a chance to say anything in your other thread, so if I may, I would just like to say something... I know you don't really aspire to make a lot of money and all that, but, I have to say, money is important. You mentioned in your other thread that you don't need much because it's just you. But, this is not going to last too long. You kinda have to look beyond the here and now and consider - what if you start having children, what if you get major illness, what happens when you get too old to have a job, what happens if your bulldog has to go to surgery... etc. etc. All that requires money. So, yes, a career path shouldn't be chosen just for the monetary gain, but at the same time, you have to be practical and balance happiness with the money that can keep you in that happy state. So that, money is not an objective... it's an enabler. It opens up more options for you later down in life (like more opportunities for your kids, more options for treatment for yourself, your family, and your pets, etc.).

Anyway, being a groomer at PetCo is a great start to a fulfilling career that could potentially have the perfect balance of happy and enabling money... Welcome to the start of the rest of your life! Yeay!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
YEAH!! Way to go Lauren, so proud of you. Now you can do the happy dance.:dancing: Good luck with your mom, hope she does not give you too much of a hard time about it.

H

heff101

I would tell mama. Just to get it out and over with. But, I would do it in a very casual manner like, "hey mom, I'm not going to be home on Thursday, okay? And by the way, I got a job at PetCo." And that's it. If she says some crazy idiot thing about it, I would just shrug it off and say, "okay, thanks for your concern, mom." And that's it. Then come to EBN to get your positive vibes to get you going...

Okay, I didn't get a chance to say anything in your other thread, so if I may, I would just like to say something... I know you don't really aspire to make a lot of money and all that, but, I have to say, money is important. You mentioned in your other thread that you don't need much because it's just you. But, this is not going to last too long. You kinda have to look beyond the here and now and consider - what if you start having children, what if you get major illness, what happens when you get too old to have a job, what happens if your bulldog has to go to surgery... etc. etc. All that requires money. So, yes, a career path shouldn't be chosen just for the monetary gain, but at the same time, you have to be practical and balance happiness with the money that can keep you in that happy state. So that, money is not an objective... it's an enabler. It opens up more options for you later down in life (like more opportunities for your kids, more options for treatment for yourself, your family, and your pets, etc.).

Anyway, being a groomer at PetCo is a great start to a fulfilling career that could potentially have the perfect balance of happy and enabling money... Welcome to the start of the rest of your life! Yeay!

wow thats a tad of a downer reply.
I was 29 before I finally got my crap together.
Friend of mine was 37 and decided to go to University and get a degree.
My point is let her live for the moment and be happy about it.
One can always make changes in life as life moves along.
I am in my mid forties and am looking at a drastic career change as we speak.

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
wow thats a tad of a downer reply.
I was 29 before I finally got my crap together.
Friend of mine was 37 and decided to go to University and get a degree.
My point is let her live for the moment and be happy about it.
One can always make changes in live as live moves along.

I'm not sure what makes this a downer reply. It's not a "advice for kids under 20 years of age". It's "life and career advice". At any age. It's not meant to put anybody down. It's only meant to expand one's outlook about how money goes into the picture of career choices in response to her very first post on this matter in a different thread (the one where she told us about how this career-choice-problem-with-mom came about). I should have put the response there but I couldn't find it.

My mom was 65 years old when she defied my dad and decided she's going to work. Before that, she was a stay-at-home-mom from the time she got married at age 24 (My dad insisted that his job is good enough for the family even if he was only a start-up salesman while my mother was an established midwife). She worked at K-mart folding and arranging clothes on display. Made her very happy.

There's only one thing constant in life - and that's Change.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yippppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... good for you! so proud you followed through today! best of luck and just remember -- it is abut you, be happy! Hey, if you want I send Banks over for a few days to teach you how to be 'ALL about you'.. hee hee hee

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!! and maybe if mom see's that you are truley doing something you love and are happy, she will be happy for you!!!!

H

heff101

I'm not sure what makes this a downer reply. It's not a "advice for kids under 20 years of age". It's "life and career advice". At any age. It's not meant to put anybody down. It's only meant to expand one's outlook about how money goes into the picture of career choices in response to her very first post on this matter in a different thread (the one where she told us about how this career-choice-problem-with-mom came about). I should have put the response there but I couldn't find it.

My mom was 65 years old when she defied my dad and decided she's going to work. Before that, she was a stay-at-home-mom from the time she got married at age 24 (My dad insisted that his job is good enough for the family even if he was only a start-up salesman while my mother was an established midwife). She worked at K-mart folding and arranging clothes on display. Made her very happy.

There's only one thing constant in life - and that's Change.

I guess what I meant to say is lets just keep this thread about her joyous moment and not worry about tomorrow.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online