Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Guess what????

@cali~jenn I've definitely been felling a lot happier I think I'm making the right choice.

I'm annoyed with them though. This week and next week I'm only getting 10 hours because there's not enough hours to go around. That's not enough for me to make the car payment..I really need money. And she hasn't started showing me any grooming stuff yet and I desperately want to learn.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lauren, can you possibly get more hours by working in other areas of the store besides the grooming section, for the time being anyway? Is that something you'd want to do...it's a good way to build contacts with customers you may interact with.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Lauren, can you possibly get more hours by working in other areas of the store besides the grooming section, for the time being anyway? Is that something you'd want to do...it's a good way to build contacts with customers you may interact with.
    That was what i was going to say also. I dont know how seasonal grooming is but this may be the time of year it slows a little thru the holidays so picking up hours in the store in the meantime if possible might be a good idea. My dad owns his own automotive shop and this is the worst time of year for him so it may be similar?

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I don't think they plan on training me in the rest of the store, honestly. He never mentioned that to me. I brought it up and he said I'd be in the salon.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    I don't think they plan on training me in the rest of the store, honestly. He never mentioned that to me. I brought it up and he said I'd be in the salon.
    I sense negativity rearing it's ugleeeeeee head! .. Be happy you have your foot in the door..Lauren..take what they give you..make the most of it and move forward!! No sour mugs here! You will learn from here..and it will only help you!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 10-31-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I sense negativity rearing it's ugleeeeeee head! .. Be happy you have your foot in the door..Lauren..take what they give you..make the most of it and move forward!! No sour mugs here! You will learn from here..and it will only help you!

Becky! Your advice is great!

Yeah, Lauren, keep with the positive and make negatives positive! Don't forget... you are a special, wonderful, kind, caring, talented, courageous person. Those qualities always shine through if you focus on the positives and eventually the manager will recognize you as a versatile, valuable resource and spread you out.

But yes, for now, you still have to make car payments... so maybe you can just supplement it for now by doing grooming at home for your friends' dogs. You can probably make a few phone calls to them to see if any of them need a grooming.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads