cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The 3 of us (the pups and me, that is), love to eat pudding, especially rice pudding! This is a special treat for Tate and Finn and mom, so when I found this recipe, I decided to make a batch up today.

The recipe is from the website "Allrecipes", one of my favorite cooking sites. I cut back on the sugar to 1/4 cup and used non-fat milk. I also omitted the raisins b/c these are not good for dogs, but if you're not sharing, keep them in! Finally, make sure you keep a close eye on the rice/milk mixture and stir frequently when cooking b/c it can burn quite easily.

I give about 2 tablespoonsful to the boys for their dessert (see photo), because, as you know, the dairy isn't always so kind on their digestive system. It's also a rather rich dessert so a little goes a long way.

IMG_0108.jpg

Original Recipe Yield 4 servings

Ingredients

3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:luv: rice pudding and tapioca, and chocolate, and lemon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yummy, sounds good.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We would love it if you would join our recipe forum Taste Tested Recipes linked above and share all of your favorite recipes there too!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sounds and looks easy and very yummy. Gotta make some soon. Excluding the raisins though, not too fond of those. :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We would love it if you would join our recipe forum Taste Tested Recipes linked above and share all of your favorite recipes there too!

thanks [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], i would love to. It looks like fun!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This sounds delicious, and looks like an easy recipe. My grandmother used to make rice pudding , but she used to cook it for about an hour on the stove, and I think she had cream in it, was really rich, probably really high in calories. This one sounds like its a little healthier, with less sugar too. Definetly will have to try it. I just had a question though, what type of rice is best to use? Do you use regular white rice like Uncle Bens?, or would you use Italian Long grain rice, I think it's called Aborio rice?

Last edited:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Make sure you keep the raisins for yourself. They are on every do not feed to dogs list I've ever seen.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.