I wanted to share some positive news..

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Lauren, that is fantastic. I will keep my fingers crossed. This sounds like it would be perfect.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Lauren, I am so happy for you, what kind of job does people actually work that they LOVE?? I know many do, but this sounds like a perfect fit for you.

H

heff101

I figured I'd share some positive news with you guys.

I basically just decided I'm going to do what makes me happy. Haven't told my mom about my plans yet, not sure if it's a good idea after listening to her and her ex boyfriend who still lives with us fighting and screaming and throwing stuff around today..which ended up with me leaving the house.

Anyways. I applied at Petco last friday just for a position to be a "pet salon assistant." Basically doing dog baths and cleaning up in the salon. I know a manager from Petco, and I went and talked to her today. She was like, "I really want you to get hired here" haha, and went and found the store manager that does the hiring and introduced me to him. He was very interested in me and asked why I wanted to work in there, and I told him my plans to become a groomer. He seemed impressed, asked about my availability. I said I was just looking for part time through december, since I was in school but after that could take on more hours. He said that was perfect because they were just looking for a part time person right now, 15 to 25 hours a week.

he then took me over to the pet salon and introduced me to the salon manager. She seemed interested in me as well after I told her about all my experience with animals and about how I've been doing my own grooming in my house. She and the store manager went over my application some and she came back to me and said she would be willing to train me how to groom..free. So I wouldn't even have to go to school. She said how fast I learn everything is dependent on how well I learn it, lol.

So the store manager said he's going to call me Tuesday about setting up an interview. Fingers crossed for me!!

This is wonderful news.

Ok now this is what you are going to do.

If come Tuesday the manager has not called you back by say 11:00am I want you to go down and see him. If he is some what hesitant then I want you to offer him to work for free for a few days so you can show them what you have to offer. I guarantee you he will not refuse.

If not give me his phone # I will call him and set him straight!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Lauren, I'm so happy to hear you're taking control of 'your' life. While we always want to make our family happy and proud of us it's vital imo that you do what makes you happy and not necessary others. :up: to you!! :)

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!! I really hope I can get this job. It'll just be explaining it to my mom that'll be the hard part!

[MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] I'm out of class at 1:10 on Tuesdays..so if I haven't received a call by then I will definitely call them. I feel a bit weird asking to work for free though. Can a large corporation like Petco do that, legally? Will they think I'm creepy? LOL.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I agree with [MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION]!!! It feels a little crazy but it will show them you are a go-getter!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I wouldn't call him on Tuesday after class,,,,, I'd go see him. Tell him right out how much you want this job and this is what you want to be doing for a long long time.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] I got a job like that once. It was a small computer shop, but I told the owner that I had 2 weeks vacation and would work for free to see if he thought I would be a good fit. He allowed me to do it and after the 3rd day he agreed to pay me for my time and offered me the job. So sometimes it can work. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will do fine.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
do what makes u happy for u...no one else. now on the grooming front...i don't know where u live but i'm in ny and around here mobile grooming trucks r HUGE. it's a mobile groomers in a van. anyways it might be something to look into a good way to get urself started in ur own business...get a grant froma womens business network and build a business that way...saves having to rent a place to start with...just a thought

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
congrats! it's really a great thing to wake up and go to work and love what you do all day long. it sounds like you've created a great opportunity for yourself and you should be really proud. be happy!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online