Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I figured I'd share some positive news with you guys.

I basically just decided I'm going to do what makes me happy. Haven't told my mom about my plans yet, not sure if it's a good idea after listening to her and her ex boyfriend who still lives with us fighting and screaming and throwing stuff around today..which ended up with me leaving the house.

Anyways. I applied at Petco last friday just for a position to be a "pet salon assistant." Basically doing dog baths and cleaning up in the salon. I know a manager from Petco, and I went and talked to her today. She was like, "I really want you to get hired here" haha, and went and found the store manager that does the hiring and introduced me to him. He was very interested in me and asked why I wanted to work in there, and I told him my plans to become a groomer. He seemed impressed, asked about my availability. I said I was just looking for part time through december, since I was in school but after that could take on more hours. He said that was perfect because they were just looking for a part time person right now, 15 to 25 hours a week.

he then took me over to the pet salon and introduced me to the salon manager. She seemed interested in me as well after I told her about all my experience with animals and about how I've been doing my own grooming in my house. She and the store manager went over my application some and she came back to me and said she would be willing to train me how to groom..free. So I wouldn't even have to go to school. She said how fast I learn everything is dependent on how well I learn it, lol.

So the store manager said he's going to call me Tuesday about setting up an interview. Fingers crossed for me!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:dancing:... This is WHAT we were talking about Lauren! This is great..positive news and a major step in the right direction. No more negativity..think and envision the place you will be! A chance to learn is worth so much..and getting paid is even better!! Good job!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is fantastic... great work following through on what you want. best of luck.

And, thanks, I needed that news.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
congrats! Your mom should be glad you sound a job too!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
woot wooot good to hear good news!! yeah

nothing like doing something you like. :yes:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
That's fantastic Lauren!!! Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good for you, I'm so happy you may get this job, and a great place to learn. WAY TO GO LAUREN WOO HOO!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am so happy for you. You are going to do great!!!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Congrats! That sounds like a great place to start and I'm sure you will be a great asset to them! Happy for you!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
This is a classic example of "meant to be"..... Good for you! Did you know that my hero, Cesar Millan, started out as a dog groomer? He was the guy who could manage the rowdy customers...and the rest is history. Go forth and kick bootay!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.