Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This is a stretch but I didn't know if anyone on here was good at this sort of thing.

I'm in a group with three other girls and the topic we got assigned is "the value of being a boyfriend." ..lol, what the heck, the group that got the "value of being a girlfriend" is all girls. Fail on the teachers part there.

Anyway, I have to come up with about a page or more on "the true functions of the issue." Basically "what do they do." I have no idea what to write. I would just wing it and write random stuff down, but I need to have several sources.

I cannot find anything at all on google.

Help?? If anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate it.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
um if it were me I would ask [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] I know she was working on a doctoral dissertation I believe so that's where I would start. Good Luck.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
First, Ive only had one 3 credit course in Philosophy so Im a long ways from an expert.
Start by making a list of what you conceive to be the attributes of a boyfriend. Then take each of them and thru discussion analyze what value each has and what they contribute to the relationship. Once you do this it should flow into a summarization.

or not :laugh:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Um...:blink:

Dr. Jill doesn't know. (I never cared for philosophy and I don't understand the assignment.) However, I would try to use the texts your professors has provided for class as some kind of guide or framework instead of using Google.

I'm no philosopher I guess but I'm guessing we have some on the board!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks guys xD

[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] Umm I don't understand the assignment and I'm in the class. I don't understand the teacher either. He's from Nigeria and has a really thick accent. He literally sounds like Rafiki from Lion King..but worse. He's an intelligent man I just can't understand him.

The work sheet says:
On The True Function of XYZ or ZYX
1. What does XYZ or ZYX do by virtue of being XYZ or ZYX?
2. What exactly does XYZ or ZYX do by the virtue of being XYZ or ZYX?
3. What should a good XYZ or ZYX do by virtue of being XYZ or ZYX?

..don't even ask me what XYZ or ZYX is.. Ugggghh. I need to get this done because I don't want to mess up my other group members.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Replace "XYZ or ZYX" with "boyfriend", try to answer the question using research, and you pretty much got it. Is this for undergrad?

Some sources you can use for your research:
1.) The Boyfriend Test by by Dr. Wendy Walsh
- This book should have an extensive list of what a good Boyfriend should do by virtue of being a Boyfriend.

Then you can bounce that off of some real-life boyfriends or you can even use some fictional story like Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend by Cora Harrison to have some examples and talking points of what a boyfriend does.

Then with that you can have a starting point of trying to determine what is the value of a boyfriend. Hope this helps.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Ahh wish I would have saw that, lol.

I just kind of..winged it and wrote a bunch of random crap, oops, lol. I think the rest of my group did the same.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.