Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating a Major Life Change...help?

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Contemplating a Major Life Change...help?

@laurendoodler what about your Dad, can you live with him? I know this is none of my business, but just wondering.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

heff101

I made the HUGE mistake of following the desires my Father wanted for me. Long story short 25 years later I am still paying for doing what he wanted with my life instead of doing what I wanted. I really wanted to be a commercial pilot.
    My father was fairly wealthy I worked for him for years for very little pay (he did buy me land and a house etc).
    When he died this past summer my 3 other siblings walked away with from his estate eating lobster I walked away with the little dipping bowl of butter.
    Moral of my story is it is your life do as you wish and what your heart is telling you to do.
    If you dont you will pay for it for the rest of your life and will always wonder why did I do what someone else wanted me to do?
    As I told my brother I used to think you were the fool for walking away from the family business yet I now realize you were the smart one and I was the fool.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

David, I could. But right now they've got this old friend of my step moms living there with her two rotten kids. Shes been there a year and won't get a dang job. She hates my guts because I brought it up to her that her little brats were destroying stuff in my room. She said nothing wrong with it and that I had no right to say anything about her kids.I've always stayed at moms. Shes more willing to help with money usually and most of my stuff is at her place. I lived with my dad one summer and she hated it and wanted me to come back.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Lauren..if you could get a job with a groomer as an assitant and learn from them..Knowledge is power..in anything you do! And hands on experience is the best kind. My sister worked her butt off and raised two boys by herself. It wasn't easy..I admire her with all my heart. She isn't wealthy..but guess what? My other sister is wealthy beyond imagination..(married a Canadian oil ahole) and guess who is happiest?? ME!!!..and I'm just in the middle class..well what is left of the middle class. You need to worry about Lauren. Get a job where you can advance towards your goals. If you have to..you might have to leave your mom...won't be easy..but she is not helping you. People who try to commit suicide 3 times..don't really want to die..they just want attention and unfortunately it is YOU who has to rescue your mom. Sit down..get an action plan and start moving towards what Lauren wants. I know it's easy for me to say..but you can't sit in the same place and move forward at the same time. start with a job ...hopefully a groomer or Petco. See if you can volunteer in any spare time at a groomers..or even bathing dogs at the humane society. Just do something to move yourself forward..baby steps are REAL steps...

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT Throughout my life, I have noticed that a lot of people that are the happiest aren't necessarily the wealthiest. A lot of the happiest people I know don't have hardly anything. Yet they're happy with what they do in life and love their families. I just want to have a good job that I enjoy going to, and a husband that loves me and a couple of kids some day. I'm simple, lol.

I don't know if I'd say she wants attention. She almost died all three times. They only reason she didn't is because I have a knack of showing up at the right time. The first time she over dosed and went out and sat in the garage with the van running and breathing in carbon dioxide fumes..and then proceeded to get into the van and back through the garage door. It was scary.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Lauren, sweety, first let me get the psych nurse stuff out of the way because I am worried about you. Take your medications!! As ordered!! There are generic meds out there in most cases or resources that will help me the difference sometimes. Talk to a social worker, they are miracle workers!! You have me email address if you ever need to talk. I have the queen of overbearing moms that loves passive aggressive games. I will write you more tomm. Never hesitate to call me 509 434-4919.
    Just one more quick note. Become a nurse because you love it and personally want it because it is physically and emotionally draining. Also whoever mentioned the military had an excellent idea. I loved it and it gave me time to make long term decisions. More later.

I'm a good girl, I promise

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lauren the rule on insurance is 26 doesn't matter whether you in college married or whatever. As far as a degree, I can tell you my daughter has a teaching degree and can't find a job. Sometimes hands on is better

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh and my parents disowned me for a year for no reason. I was a single parent at 22 with two small children. I know you can do it. We will all be here cheering you on.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Everyone already has given you some pretty great advice. I agree that you need to do what makes you happy. Life is most definitely too short. My brother passed away suddenly at 21 and the one thing that I envy of him is that he lived his life to the fullest he could. I try to emulate him, but am not that good at it. I wanted to also add that I just spent 7 years to get my MA/PhD in molecular biology and marine science and I am having a very hard time finding a job and I have a ton of debt. It also made me miserable during the last half because I realized the limitations to my degree and often felt like a failure, but was too far in to quit. Many times an advanced degree leads to much debt and is not worth it if you will be miserable in that field. I dream of opening a small coffee shop/bakery, so I say try to go for it while you are young!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Biogirl71 so sorry to hear about your brother, hun. that's so sad.

That's one of the things I have been worried about. I know SO many people with bachelor's degrees and higher..and where are they working? Retail stores. My boyfriend has a master's in psychology and can't do anything with it!! He works at the Handicap Development Center as a support staff..he helps them with their independence and takes them to do things. You don't need a degree for that. His sister in law has an english degree and works at a Stuff, Etc store which is a consignment store. His father dropped out of college..he's an extremely smart man just didn't finish..he's climbed the ladder at Exlon and now makes a ton of money. The economy today is just so whack and it seems everyone is having such a hard time finding jobs.

I have my heart set on this guys. I'm excited to start. But I'm nervous and feel horrible because of my mom and don't want to upset her.

My dad and step mom said do what makes me happy. I told them my plans and they said it sounded like I had thought it out.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

They said I need to stop living by what my mom wants and do what Lauren wants. My step mom said, "I want to see you be able to grow up and not be constantly doing what your mother says in order to make her happy."

Lucy-licious

OK well its time to hold onto Tims hand and tell your Mum, sounds like your Dad and Step Mom are happy so lean on them a little thats what they are there for. xx

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads