iRIP Steve Jobs

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
wow what a shocker. I knew he was sick but not this close to the end.

My brother started working with Apple computers back in 1978. He brought one of the first computers home during Christmas, I was in Junior high and was on it all night long. Pong and then Oregan Trail, which was still photos all in black and white. I loved that game and a couple years ago bought the newest addtion, but 3-d and to confusing for me....lol
Mike with with Apple when they developed the "Lisa" needless to say one of my nieces is named Lisa. Apple was/is a great family company, Christmas parties, summerfests etc....

What is your favorite Apple invention. Needless to say, mine is the PC.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I could never pick one - everything they've done has been amazing. We (my family) were discussing that we thought he must be more ill than he let on when he resigned. SO sad. :*(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I feel very sad..not on a personal level..but on a national level..we NEED forward thinkers like him and an honest player.not manipulating wall street for money..just providing great visionary products for the world! Right now I worry we have too few people in our country..looking ahead and not worried about yesterday! Rip Steve Jobs! I love my Ipad..even though I am woefully ignorant on it!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
This is such shocking and sad news. I was hoping he'd live long enough to see his spaceship like building near completion. He will be missed. RIP.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I enjoyed his Stanford Commencement where he talked about his cancer, and death. Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address - YouTube

He had a healthy view towards death, I believe he was mentally prepared... "death is very likely the single best invention of life" he must have been very proud of his accomplishments during his time. If not, that would be the only shame I could see in his passing.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I enjoyed his Stanford Commencement where he talked about his cancer, and death. Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address - YouTubeHe had a healthy view towards death, I believe he was mentally prepared... "death is very likely the single best invention of life" he must have been very proud of his accomplishments during his time. If not, that would be the only shame I could see in his passing.
John..I JUST watched this speech in it's entirety on The Rachel Maddow Show..what a great speech. I agree..I believe he knew.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
His death was still a shock to me even though I knew he was very ill. What a brilliant man who made the world a better place with his inventions. This man didn't even finish college, I've read somewhere. I'm a newbie to the Apple products. I recently got a Macbook Air and luv it very much. I also enjoy my iPod. Rest in peace, Mr.Jobs.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
WOW I saw that yesterday, I had no idea he was that sick but suspected since he stepped down from his own company at such a young age it musta been serious. I saw a commencement speah he did back in 2005 where he mentioned he had pancreatis (sp?) cancer. So sad. iRIP Steve Jobs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.