cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I went through an intersection today that has one of those red light cameras...as i approached, the light turned yellow, i pressed down on the gas pedal, i was half-way thru the intersection, light turned red, camera flashed and i was kicking myself! Why oh why didn't i just stop at the yellow? I know this intersection too...it's notorious for nailing people. Even tho i know i was still legally correct in crossing the intersection, that camera "evidence" may say otherwise. I don't trust it. :nonono:

Los Angeles county recently dismissed all red light camera tickets b/c the county was actually losing money on them AND b/c the data didn't show the system was making intersections safer. Unfortunately, Pasadena still enforces RLC.

I'm hoping that i crossed in time and i won't get a ticket in the mail. What sux big time is the ticket is close to $500! that's a lot of kibble!!:angry2:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Omg $500?!?!?! That's insane!!! Does it affect your license in any way (points, etc)? In NJ it's no points, around $100 BUT the owner of the vehicle is responsible (which is different from most moving violations here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION], i heard the ticket wil not affect my points on my driving record; once the tix is paid, that's it, as it's more of a revenue generator than anything else.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
That's good. I mean - they can't prove who was actually driving so it shouldn't. I just can't believe it's THAT expensive. That seems excessive and ridiculous! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Becky, yes, I will fight it before i pay it! i wish they'd do away with those red light cameras once and for all.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
$500.00 that's crazy, it's only $75.00 here in Houston. I think if I were you I'd fight it too. Good luck.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Me too! They will...in the meantime LEADFOOT....slow down!!:rofl:

I know...i usually do too! and what irks me was that i was driving around looking for a garage sale to go to 'cuz i want to get Tate and Finn some toys, and wouldn't you know it, i could not find one garage sale to stop at! then again, i was enjoying the nice drive around town too. It's been awhile since i've done that. Oh well...such is life.:patsak:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know...i usually do too! and what irks me was that i was driving around looking for a garage sale to go to 'cuz i want to get Tate and Finn some toys, and wouldn't you know it, i could not find one garage sale to stop at! then again, i was enjoying the nice drive around town too. It's been awhile since i've done that. Oh well...such is life.:patsak:
Could be some expensive toys!!....order online!! :tease:

Attachments

• 4117.jpeg
    4117.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 99

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online