One last hurdle Dozer's birthday is only a few days away

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ok so I have really been doing better the last week or so. A lot less crying. I am still sad and I miss him horribly but it gets a bit better each day . Well Dozer's bday is October 4th and Idk what that is going to bring. We had planned to have a big party for him. Now I don't get to do anything for him and it breaks my heart that I never got to give my boy a party or watch him grow up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH! You can still have a celebration for him... why not?
I have no idea how you feel, but do what you need to get through the day regardless of what anyone says or tells you - do what you need to do.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
awww honey, iam sat here crying cos of Dozer its so sad... cheer up hun he knows you are thinkijg about him always and forever:hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:hug::hug:I know it hurts. Whatever you decide to do on Dozer's birthday, make sure you are extra gentle on yourself too. He was a much loved boy and I truly, truly believe he's in a very happy place right now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Have a party..celebrate his life! You have a very special guest now too! It's okay to cry...but it's important to celebrate..let a balloon go..so dozer can show his friends at the bridge...just not a metallic one!! Change the party a tad..but DON'T cancel it! :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is so right, I love the balloon idea, celebrate girl, he is now your angel and is watching over you.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwwww, hang in there and you cry as much as you need to, it's part of the healing process. I like the balloon idea too. My Aunts and Mom do that every year on my grammy's BD. We all heal in different ways, you do what you need to do and if it's having a party for Dozer then have one in his memory. :luv:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree with having the party anyway just a different one than you had planned. whatever you do is ok. there are no rules for grieving and everyone does it different. :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love the balloon idea too. You can also write Dozer a happy birthday card...maybe to express the feelings of love you have for him on paper, and then read it to him. That's something i've done in the past for my loved ones who have passed away.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww. I just want to hug you [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION]. I agree with everyone, you should still do something to celebrate his life if that's what you want to do! Any way to express emotions is usually a help I think. Lots of love to you from me and Chunk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I love the balloon idea and the letter. Im so sorry you are going through this. You do whatever you have to do on that day to get through it. There is no wrong way. Major hugs headed your way.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so sorry, I know it still hurts and always will, celebrate his life that you had with him. I love the balloon idea.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.