cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
since my boys wear a harness when we go out, what am I supposed to do when I want to dress them up for, say, Halloween, or if I want to put them in a cute muscle shirt? Wear the harness underneath? I think it would be too bulky if I did it that way, and how would i hook the leash to it then... Or over the outfit? then that would defeat the purpose b/c you wouldn't be able to see what they were wearing when they go trick-or-treating.

:hmm:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Tough question.

And I have NO answers for you either. I would like to see the outfits, however!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
When Bullie is wearing her shirt, we use the standard break-away collar leash. If she's using the harness, she goes nekked. ;)

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I' d have a talk with them boys.
Tell 'em, "Listen up guys, if you want to go outside trick or treatin' and check out all the pretty girls, youre gonna have to behave an wear your regular collars"...

Im sure they'll listen once they know women are involved....
That is of course, you're not gonna dress 'em up as a Bumble Bee or a Pumkin.
That'll be down right embarassing :ROFL:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When I've been in that situation I just walk Samson from his collar. I prefer to walk him with a harness but when wearing an outfit I don't see that as an option. Except some sweaters do have a little opening on the back where you can reach the harness ring thru and attach the leash. Not sure if it makes sense but Samson has a jacket like that so I'll try to find a pic of him wearing it on a leash so I can show you.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
some clothing has the slit on the back so they can wear their harness and you can still attach their leash. When it doesnt, I just use the harness over their clothes. one that matches their outfit, of course. You could always make a split in the costume or shirt if you want the harness underneath.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I' d have a talk with them boys.
Tell 'em, "Listen up guys, if you want to go outside trick or treatin' and check out all the pretty girls, youre gonna have to behave an wear your regular collars"...

Im sure they'll listen once they know women are involved....
That is of course, you're not gonna dress 'em up as a Bumble Bee or a Pumkin.
That'll be down right embarassing :ROFL:

Oh, too funny!! :laugh:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
gosh.... you guys are serious.......

I thought this thread was just a joke....

I should know better.... women & fashion never joke around :tease:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Boys boys boys :lol:

If it's their musckle shirts as I like to call muscle, just cut a slit and/or sew a button hole there to avoid future tearing. I of course don't sew so I'd have my co-worker do that for me. :D

I too expect to see pictures. I don't think I'm dressing up the boys as I'm the only one home passing out wonderful candy for the kids and the boys will more than likely be crated, have sectioned off in the house.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I will probably opt for a collar for them then. It's only on those "special" occasions that they would be dressed up anyways, not like it's every day. They run around naked the majority of the time!:D

thanks guys for the suggestions!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have worn a matching harness over outfits. This is the one she has that matches best
Bullymeetup2010010.jpg
Gracie has a couple harnesses with the d ring close to the neck area that we use when we want the harness under. This is one of them, although for her angel princess costume we put the harness over the dress and under the wings.
HowlweenParty2010001.jpg
We have never used a collar on her. I don't think she would react well at all if we tried one. Her breeder always used a harness too.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], that is definitely a wardrobe fit for a princess! she's such a darling!! that first picture harness blends in really well with her clothing. The 2nd pic, i cannot even tell which part of the outfit is the harness. I don't think the boys will do well w/collars either and i do prefer the harness route.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online