Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bad behavior

My pups are 10 months old and they keep each other company, Get exercise regularly and if I don't hear the pitter patter of toe nails I check to see what's up. I don't trust to leave them alone.

Don't get me wrong. When I'm not home there has been some damage done. Gosh darn husband
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

A tired pup is a GOOD pup! Time to get out the leash and hit the road!

Bo was born on December 17th so he's about 10 months old. I've not had the chewing problem with him (that was Bea's primary puppy issue) and that YUK stuff worked great for her. She did, however, completely ruin an entire dining room set before she grew out of the problem though. Bo's problem behavior at the moment is this: periodically he goes absolutely SPASTIC. Runs like a maniac through the house and body slams poor Bea - who is not fond of this outrageous behavior (she's an old soul) either and will tell him so. It's nothing that a good, brisk "working" walk won't fix though! He's a much better boy when he's pooped.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

It does sound like Tank needs some exercise. If you don't always feel up to it maybe a neighbor who walks regularly would like some Bulldog company.
    Ruggles is 4, will be 5 in Jan. and he still chews. Our area rugs are upstairs in the bonus room; we have no throw pillows; no dog pillows; he isn't allowed in bedrooms where dirty clothes and shoes are; the dog beds in their crates are plywood covered with carpet. I asked our vet when he would stop chewing and he said when he's dead! He is our 6th Bulldog and our other chewers quit when they were 1-2.
    If I were you I'd get a crate and put him in it when you leave and after you've desciplined him like a time out. Good luck!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You poor human! Antlers are available through Carolina Pet Pantry..there's a link to them here...they are wonderful..get the xlarge or jumbo! I don't have any advice..a ton of sympathy..oh and look at the bright side..Tank has actually "trained" his people about where shoes belong!!
    lmao. that he did!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

thankyou for your advice everyone! im definately trying it on him!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Valentine and Dolly
    Likes (Received)

I skimmed through the responses and maybe I missed it but why aren't you using a crate?We have a 7.5 old and if she wasn't crated while we were away she would have destroyed our house!As it is she loves chewing but if she's out of her crate she needs constant supervision. Walking even for twenty minutes is a great outlet too.We have a plastic bin with every type of dog toy in it...soft, rubber, plush, ropes, bones etc..she's very good about playing with and knowing her toys but she still has chewed on a cable cord and some light chewing on shoes. I can't imagine not having her crated...she would have too much freedom at too young of an age and I would fear she would get accustomed to the bad habits.She actually goes to her crate to nap.Anyway...I'm sorry to hear about all that because it sounds very stressful

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

We had a crate till he was potty trained and he constantly yelped when in it clear to the day he was potty trained so we decided not to get the next size up crate so when he out grew it we didn't buy another. He was doing awesome then all of a sudden he's not. That's why I'm so confused

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads