Stig got into a fight @ his daycare yesterday :/

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
With a bulldog mix. It was stopped right away but he has a bite mark on top of his head. Thankfully it's a superficial wound. Cleaned it up before bed last night to avoid infection. Apparently he was winning but it doesn't really matter. Not really sure who instigated it.

I'm guessing bringing Punkin home is affecting him and hopefully he'll soon get used to the change.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: I agree. I bet Stig is going to "Act Up" in a few normally routine situations. He will want to be Top Dog wherever he goes. I'm sure he will adjust..he's a smart boy and has great parents....he will just push the envelope until he figures out his place is safe!! I'd be grumpy too!! Hang in there...stay on your toes!!! :hug:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Make sure to let the daycare know that Stig has a new family member. This can put a dog under stress and cause a temporary change in behavior. If they know this, they should keep a close eye on him for a while. Also imho I wouldn't take the new pup to daycare with Stig just yet. Let that be his break time from her and the one thing in his routine that hasn't changed. I know this might be upsetting for you, but if you have a good daycare and you trust them, they will be able to keep him safe and handle his temporary change in behavior. Also I don't think I ever told you but I LOVE his name. bbc top gear is so much better than the U.S. version.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@dozersmama - Thanks for the tips. I actually emailed them seeking advice for the meetup so hopefully they remembered to watch him like a hawk yesterday. I'm thinking they're going to continue for a little while as well seeing what took place. I was going to bring Punkin along next week so we can start socializing him, but what you said makes complete sense. Oh well, don't think he'll mind at all staying home since he's such a lazy butt. lol. We'll just focus on getting his allergies under control and getting his skin better. I really appreciate having someone here with daycare expertise ...

... and support @JAKEISGREAT :hug:

And doesn't it make you appreciate him more seeing where his name came from? Funny how it really does suit him. :yes: I totally agree that the bbc version is a lot better ... can never get enough of british wit.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gosh poor thing. Glad he is ok! I agree he is stressed out most likely. My kids are starting to fall into place it seems so hoping yours will too. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Make sure to let the daycare know that Stig has a new family member. This can put a dog under stress and cause a temporary change in behavior. If they know this, they should keep a close eye on him for a while. Also imho I wouldn't take the new pup to daycare with Stig just yet. Let that be his break time from her and the one thing in his routine that hasn't changed. I know this might be upsetting for you, but if you have a good daycare and you trust them, they will be able to keep him safe and handle his temporary change in behavior. Also I don't think I ever told you but I LOVE his name. bbc top gear is so much better than the U.S. version.

I second @dozersmama ... I worked at a daycare for four years and they need to know about any change in the home for just what she stated.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Whew, no experience with this but I am sure this is just a temporary thing. And who knows, the other guy may have instigated it. He has been going to that daycare for a while hasn't he? They know he is a smart cookie and will just keep an eye out for him.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea used to go to "doggie day camp" on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the PetsHotel in Woodinville, near were I worked. When Bo came home, I continued to take her....thinking it would give her a break from the puppy, etc. The last two times she went, the day care folks noted that she wasn't playing much. She was just laying around during play time and being cranky with some of the other campers. They felt that it was likely that all the activity at home with the new puppy was just wearing her out. The daycare team collectively felt Bea wasn't "happy" being at camp - so, of course, I stopped taking her. I don't think she misses it at all. Bea is always about the people - not the other dogs. She puts up with whatever's on the end of your leash so she can get to YOU. heh heh

Anyway, I said all of that to say, maybe the new activity at home is just wearing him out?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.