cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, I'm over-reacting, but today's the very first day ever that I'm feeding Finn and Tate only 2x/day.:cry: I have a little anxiety about this as well as some guilt. Realistically, i know they'll be okay but i can just picture them wondering, "hey, what happened to lunch?!" "did mama forget us?"

Since they switched over to twice a day, I don't have the need for a pet sitter to come over at mid-day either. Another anxiety-producer b/c she'd usually text me after the visit to give me an update on the boys. I know this just takes some getting used to. I'm just a worry-wart...thanks for listening...sigh...

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They will be fine.... my bullies eat twice a day, always have. and, there are days they only get dinner. Mommy is home and they get lots of snacks so I know I will be bad and skip their breakfast

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
lol They will be just fine. Especially since you are feeding more for breakfast I assume to balance it into 2 meals? My boys dont even eat if I leave so I am sure they arent really building an appetite till you get home anyhow.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
yes, [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], i increased their breakfast amt and will do the same w/their dinner to balance it all out. At least they'll get a good size meal tonight. Hopefully they're just playing and sleeping and not thinking about eating at all :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I know this just takes some getting used to.

Yes. It does - but I feel for you! I left work early three days of five the week that Bo went from having lunch to not having lunch. In truth, these two went to sleep the minute I left for work and didn't wake up until they heard the truck in the driveway. :yes: He didn't miss lunch a bit. He slept through it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will be fine, our bullies only eat twice a day, Buddy sometimes only eats once a day, he will not eat in the mornings.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We feed our boys morning and night and we are home all day (usually). They will get used to their new feeding schedule and I bet they won't even starve!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
They'll be just fine Henny. I started feeding Wilson twice a day at 4 months because I had to go to work and didn't want him free feeding. He never had an issue and adapted without me really even noticing. You could still have the pet sitter come over a few times a week and give them a scooby snack and then decrease her time to once a week? Just a thought.

Now if they do get really hungry do not fear, there's always the tasty little backyard snacks. :ROFL::tongue:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
They'll be just fine Henny. I started feeding Wilson twice a day at 4 months because I had to go to work and didn't want him free feeding. He never had an issue and adapted without me really even noticing. You could still have the pet sitter come over a few times a week and give them a scooby snack and then decrease her time to once a week? Just a thought.Now if they do get really hungry do not fear, there's always the tasty little backyard snacks. :ROFL::tongue:
:laugh:.. I came to tell Henny...beware of Jeannie and her advice! She feeds poor ..sweet..completely innocent..:angel: Wilson....:poo:.... :lmao:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aww...I am sure they will do great! Gator gave up lunch at around 4 months on his own accord so I know they won't starve. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:laugh:.. I came to tell Henny...beware of Jeannie and her advice! She feeds poor ..sweet..completely innocent..:angel: Wilson....:poo:.... :lmao:
LOL, you snitch!!! :hahaha: Wilson's far from innocent too, did you see the window ledge he ate last week. The terms, he's a little :poo: is an understatement. :ROFL:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We only feed Once a day and lex hardly ever eats his full 2 1/2 cups he usually saves some for later

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I only feed once a day now but they get some plain yogurt before bedtime. They are fine with it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.