Found a lump behind Stig's ears on his neck, hoping it's nothing.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf noticed it a few days ago and we believe that it's newly formed. It hasn't gone down nor grown since then. It's long shaped and Stig doesn't seemed bothered by it. No discolouration or loss of hair. Stig's acting the same as always, except for being a little sensitive because of his new big brother, but otherwise normal.

I'm hoping it's only a newly formed skin roll seeing it's in the neck area. Similar to how they keep on getting new face wrinkles. But since we're all worry-warts here, we're going to the vets sometime this week to have it checked out.

Does anyone else's bullies have something similar behind their ears?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Not me, but I wanted to bump this up. Sounds strange. Would it show up in a picture?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no lumps or bumps on my two.... I really hope it is nothing, but fingers are crossed for you

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Is it symmetrical on both sides or in the center? Cutty is way under the desk sleeping so I cant feel but he does have a roll behind his ears kinda. (or maybe it is the way he is laying) Try not to worry too much it could be many things. Miila has a knot on her side and the vet wasnt worried at all. Cutty had a big lump on his neck a few years ago and it turned out to be like a big blood blister. I dont know how he got it but the vet said that playing maybe Mugsy had bitten him while playing and caused it? Anyhow she drained it I think 2 or 3 times before it stopped refilling up and havent seen it since. Very odd. Hopefully this is something like that maybe?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug:.. I'm so sorry! I missed this...I know you must be worried..and glad you are taking him to the vets...but there's many things it can be..don't panic!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Boy I would have no idea what it could be but I am curious to know what it is. Hope it turns out to be just a new roll or a fatty deposit (Ace our old dog has tons of those, some very large). Good vibes sent Stig's way, and yours.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
My bf noticed it a few days ago and we believe that it's newly formed. It hasn't gone down nor grown since then. It's long shaped and Stig doesn't seemed bothered by it. No discolouration or loss of hair. Stig's acting the same as always, except for being a little sensitive because of his new big brother, but otherwise normal.

I'm hoping it's only a newly formed skin roll seeing it's in the neck area. Similar to how they keep on getting new face wrinkles. But since we're all worry-warts here, we're going to the vets sometime this week to have it checked out.

Does anyone else's bullies have something similar behind their ears?

Hang on did you say new big brother?!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah has a lump on her lower back. its been there like 2 years or so. vet doesnt seem concerned so i just let it be. hope its nothing. let us know.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Checking up on Stiggy!

Booked an appt for Thursday afternoon so we'll see. It hasn't grown or anything, and I think it's nothing. knock on wood. We were just weirded out that we haven't noticed it before.

@buffalobabie - Yup, picked up Punkin Saturday morning. Where have you been!? lol. I started a thread on it somewhere. He belonged to a young couple who separated. I'm thinking the guy moved back in with his parents for a bit. He bought a condo that supposedly doesn't allow pets, and his parents are moving overseas, so they had to rehome him. We were lucky that the guy is my bf's coworker's friend and my bf talks about Stig all the time so his coworker knew we love bullies. If we didn't take him, then they were going to put him in a shelter. :(. He's from Peru, assuming a broker bought him, the young couple had him since he was 1, and he's now 4. He's so sweet and love when we give him attention. He's getting used to us really quickly. Stiggy's showing some dominance and jealousy but I think we'll find peace soon. :yes:

Last edited:

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
Booked an appt for Thursday afternoon so we'll see. It hasn't grown or anything, and I think it's nothing. knock on wood. We were just weirded out that we haven't noticed it before.

@buffalobabie - Yup, picked up Punkin Saturday morning. Where have you been!? lol. I started a thread on it somewhere. He belonged to a young couple who separated. I'm thinking the guy moved back in with his parents for a bit. He bought a condo that supposedly doesn't allow pets, and his parents are moving overseas, so they had to rehome him. We were lucky that the guy is my bf's coworker's friend and my bf talks about Stig all the time so his coworker knew we love bullies. If we didn't take him, then they were going to put him in a shelter. :(. He's from Peru, assuming a broker bought him, the young couple had him since he was 1, and he's now 4. He's so sweet and love when we give him attention. He's getting used to us really quickly. Stiggy's showing some dominance and jealousy but I think we'll find peace soon. :yes:

holy cow thats so exciting!!sorry i havent been on the computer when im not at work im trying to take a bit of a break from it. Congratz on your new baby, once every thing settles a bit we should all meet up again!

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
my walter has nothing like that around his ears[have just checked] hope its nothing... fingers crossed for you stiggy:hug:

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Great news, the lump somehow disappeared. Still went to the vets though to make sure and she didn't find anything. He weighed in at 47.4 lbs, which hasn't changed much since he started on raw. Heartbeat good, skin good, well ... typical allergy-prone white bulldog good, eyes good and teeth good.

Really like this vet. We wanted to get him heartworm tested but she admitted that it was best to do it only annually because it takes 7 months for them to be detectable so it wasn't needed. If we were to go somewhere else, they'd go ahead without hesitation. The clinic's a big raw fan and recommends the natural route before the conventional kind. But, of course, if an owner wanted conventional meds, then the vet will prescribe no problem.

Booked an appt for Punkin ... really hoping that, with the exception of allergies, he's as healthy as can be.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY!!! Good for Stiggy. What a relief :).

I am glad to hear that your vet leans more toward the natural route. Mine are good like that too. It feels good to be able to discuss things and know they aren't going to just jump to meds or something unless absolutely necessary. Even with Gypsy's mange, mine said she would get past it and only just gave me a cream since it wasn't widespread.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.