How many times a day do you take your older bully out

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I'm used to having a puppy around. I would take him out 5 or 6 times a day minimum. I don't think he needed to go out quite this much but it became a habit. Tyson seems to need to go out a lot less like 3 to 4 times a day How often do you guys take your older dogs out.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
If it were up to Chunk, he'd go out once a day! It a annoys him to interrupt whatever he's doing. He usually goes out a minimum of 4 times ... Occasionally more. Once when he first wakes up, once for a walk after he eats, once in the early afternoon and one last time after dinner for a walk. It may end up being 5 times in the winter. Only because we eat dinner earlier so the after dinner walk will be earlier and I'm thinking he will need one last stop outside before bed. Just to be safe! I'd hate for him to be holding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have a pet door so they take themselves out, but they both poop twice in a 24 hour period and they each pee on average 4 to 6 times. When we travel they are both really good about going when we stop and give them a potty break. Sometimes it takes Mack a while to find the exact, perfect spot to go. In fact he will keep sniffing and walking until poop starts coming out, then he hunches up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
average is four... they are home, sleeping, all day I get home around 4 and then the last out is around 9. On weekends, it is solely based on them telling us they need to go with the exception of first getting up in the morning and our daily walk (which I do not count as a bathroom break - I see that as exercise

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
We have a fenced in yard, so I just let mine out whenever they scratch at the door. I'm a stay at home Mommy so we're home most of the day. But I swear Gravy wants to go out 30 times a day! But most of that is sunbathing on the back porch, I'd say only maybe 2-3 times is actual pottying.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We let ours out 3 to 4 times a day.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Mr. Bruno goes out 5-6 times a day. Im home all day. I work Nights. His Morning walk is a long one as someone stated for exercise, and so is his long 7pm walk.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=3227]LoveMyBullyBoy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Mack is the only dog I have ever had that has done that, and he does it frequently!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Weekdays only 4-5 times a day..

Weekends its a constant In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-In-out In-Out-In-out-In-Out-In-Out-In-Out-& In....:cursing:

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
During the work week, Lola goes out 5-6 times a day (first thing, before we leave for work, lunchtime, after work, a couple times in the evening, then right before bed). On the weekend, she cries to go out constantly. It's nearly always to play, though :D

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
haha [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION], we posted at the same time. Sounds familiar. I might add, Lola is still only 8 months old.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=2258]korikelly[/MENTION] - Jack is 9 months... So I guess this is a puppy thing... :)

My only issue with the weekend In & Outs is that I'm required (by my wife)
to wipe his feet clean each time he comes back in.....

Just imagine my consumption of Wet Ones ! :whew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.