Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Hair?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yup shedding like crazy here too... We give fish oil and that has seemed to help alot!!! I have to vac once a day and pick up loads everyday, guess that's what happens when u have a bullie and a lab.. I use the furminatur and love the heck out of it!!
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Got Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I also use that rubber curry oval shaped brush...
    I take it during my walk with jack and I brush him out in the sidewalks and grassy areas....
    That way I dont have to pick up the mess....

Im soooooooo lazy.!
    I love it! I do the same thing! Sort of... I drag one of the rocking chairs way out in the backyard & start brushing. The hair always blows away & I never see it piling up anywhere out there. Better out back in the grass than in the house!

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    Yup shedding like crazy here too... We give fish oil and that has seemed to help alot!!! I have to vac once a day and pick up loads everyday, guess that's what happens when u have a bullie and a lab.. I use the furminatur and love the heck out of it!!
    I've noticed fish oil helps too. We've been giving salmon oil for about 1 1/2 months now & I am starting to tell a difference. At least I swear I am, & maybe it's not wishful thinking!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby, Pebble and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I also use the Rubber Curry Grooming Brush for my mastiffs and bulldogs for years and it works great. They still shed but it is like a great massage and I still have the one I bought 5 years ago.

Bella is not shedding too much now, however my Saint Bernard sheds like its no one's business, hair EVERYWHERE. I usually get out the furminator and attach it to our Vacuum Cleaner and have at it. Of course it helps for about 30 minutes and then hair is everywhere again.....

Kind of off topic, but I did a ton of research on vacuums, tried to avoid doing the Dyson thing. Well this past year I bought a Dyson Animal. AWESOME vacuum, yeah I paid an arm and a leg, but it works as advertised and I like how the attachments are made to be taken apart and cleaned. So if you have pet hair problems like I do, you may want to look into getting one. I know, there are reviews saying you can get a cheaper vacuum that has the same suction power and all that, I went that route and still ended up with a Dyson.

My only negative about it is the carpet attachment does not do well on carpets that are "taller".

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyBullyBoy View Post
    I've noticed fish oil helps too. We've been giving salmon oil for about 1 1/2 months now & I am starting to tell a difference. At least I swear I am, & maybe it's not wishful thinking!
    heck ya i hope its not just me either and of course jeff doesnt notice things like i do lol
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Real Name
    Brandi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gravy
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=NE Bully;107288]Kind of off topic, but I did a ton of research on vacuums, tried to avoid doing the Dyson thing. Well this past year I bought a Dyson Animal. AWESOME vacuum, yeah I paid an arm and a leg, but it works as advertised and I like how the attachments are made to be taken apart and cleaned. So if you have pet hair problems like I do, you may want to look into getting one. I know, there are reviews saying you can get a cheaper vacuum that has the same suction power and all that, I went that route and still ended up with a Dyson.[QUOTE]

I am soooo asking Santa for a Dyson! We have hardwood everywhere except the bedrooms & I have a big area rug in the living room. But for me it'd be worth getting one even for just the bedrooms & rug. I also have 2 cats, so even with minimal carpet, there's still maximum hair! I have a Bissell pet hair remover vacuum, but I still have to go over the rug/carpet 2 or 3 times to get all the hair up. My next cat is going to be one of those hairless ones. So can someone breed a hairless bully?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads