arthritis

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
one of my bullies jameson has been limping for a couple of weeks...not the first time and not the last time i'm sure...he is 3 1/2 years old. when he was a puppy he tweaked his shoulder falling and rimadyl cleared it up. so anyways we let it go thinking baby aspirin would help and that he had tweaked it playing rough...but no luck..so i took him to the vet and the vet took a quick xray(no sedation) and said their are "changes" in his shoulders(both) i'm taking that as arthritis. ok no biggie...he said he isn't recommending surgery right now to clean out the shoulders...he put him on vetprofin and wants me to call him after i get back from going out of town next week. any suggestions on things that might help?? glucosimine maybe? he is a player and loves to run so keeping him still isnt' really an option right now....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have (actually HAD) that issue with Nitshcke. He is 7 years old and our vet, at the age of 4, started to talk to us about stem cell therapy. Well, we finally did it back in March of this year - Nitshcke not only is off of every med, but he is like a puppy again. I posted a thread about a month ago title 'stem cell threapy.. highly recommend!' Read that and let me know if you have any other questions.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Our boy, Kramer has arthritis in his back hip from an injury when he was a pup. I started giving him Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM about a month ago and after just 10 days we could see a remarkable improvement. After 14 days he wasn't limping at all. I ran out of the med and couldn't get to the store for 2 days...Kramer had a slight limp after only 2 days of no med. On the third day, I went and got more G/C/MSM and gave him a tablet as soon as I got home...by the end of the day, no limp at all. He gallops like a horse through the house and out in the backyard...you'd never know he has a hip problem. He's only 8 months old and the vet says he's not through growing and might outgrow the hip problem/arthritis. I buy his Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM at Walmart. It's the equate brand...80 caplets only $14. I give him one every day...and what a difference it has made! Good luck with Jameson...hope he gets better!

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Sounds like @Donna LeBlanc has a similar story to mine. I use the Cosequin brand from the vet. (glucosamine/ chondroitrin) and I swear by it. Lucy had a leg injury as a pup and even though she was completely healed from the surgery she would limp after resting. Her limp was gone shortly after we started with Cosequin. My vet said any pup who has had a joint injury can benefit from glucosamine/chond) and it is never to early to start.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Would it be good or okay to give even if they have never had a joint injury I wonder?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I do research on stem cells and I'm going to cure arthritis someday!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.