Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are all Bulldog puppies BRATS?!?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are all Bulldog puppies BRATS?!?

A good thing AND double trouble. Vegas and Orion would be a perfect playing pair, except Orion doesn't like to lose. If Vegas doesn't drop a toy when she wants it, she gets spitting mad and creates a huge scene. Vegas loves to take stuff from her, so she's always PO'd. Vegas has 35 pounds on her and she is so little! There is no match for tug of war. Orion is alway gonna lose. They only way to win is to attack Vegas.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tobias K. Smith
    Likes (Received)

I too think it is a bully thing... but when you talk about getting a friend, I think its is a good idea. I had my nonEB and he was a terror and then I got Toby and they are inseperable now. As Toby and Rocky have gotten older they are both 3 now and I often think that Rocky keeps Toby young. Rocky is part lab and I was told labs don't get out of the puppy stage until they are 3 or more. These two play like when they were younger just not as long now. I know gettting a friend helped my nonEB and I think my bully is better off with a friend too. But the tenacity is definately a bully trait, we call it around "not listening with our ears." Sometimes I would look at Toby and think how do you correct that adorable face.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for your input. I am tempted, but can't decide. We have a 3 year old St. Bernard who runs whenever he sees Gertie coming towards him. She nips at him and bites his jowls and she's just too wild and crazy for him. I know another puppy would keep her entertained and wear her out, but I bet they'd both be getting into trouble too.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Skye
    Likes (Received)

Oh I got my bully puppy a couple weeks ago and his such a meany... He doesn't care that you told him not to do something... He loves to chase my 20 month old daughter but them two together is trouble waiting to happen... Just this week I got him to learn to sit...

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

My Vegas was a total BRAT (still can be at 14 months) I got a new area rug and while sitting in the SAME ROOM with him, I looked down and the corner was gone, I put hot sauce on it only to see his OCD come out, he LOVED the sauce, I saved and bought a very expensive chair from Pier One Imports, to once again, while I was at home see many teeth marks in the leg, He KNOWS he is being bad and has become a MASTER of "SNEAKING" I can honestly say at this point he is ALOT better, he loves his crate and uses it for naps and bedtime, but if I have not seen him in over 5 min. I go looking!!!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member mom2bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Myrna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is too funny about Vegas. 5 minutes would be too long to be unsupervised in some houses. Vegas looks like such a character! He's a charmer I'm sure.
    mom2bullies

"For it is not into my ear you whisper, but into my heart.
    It is not my lips you kiss, But my soul"

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbeegle View Post
    I too think it is a bully thing... but when you talk about getting a friend, I think its is a good idea. I had my nonEB and he was a terror and then I got Toby and they are inseperable now. As Toby and Rocky have gotten older they are both 3 now and I often think that Rocky keeps Toby young. Rocky is part lab and I was told labs don't get out of the puppy stage until they are 3 or more. These two play like when they were younger just not as long now. I know gettting a friend helped my nonEB and I think my bully is better off with a friend too. But the tenacity is definately a bully trait, we call it around "not listening with our ears." Sometimes I would look at Toby and think how do you correct that adorable face.
    I love the "not listening with our ears", I used to be a preschool teacher and I find myself asking Horse "did you forget your listening ears today?" and many other things I would say to my kids!
    the bond between a child and their dog is beyond words...

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bullylover2010 View Post
    Oh I got my bully puppy a couple weeks ago and his such a meany... He doesn't care that you told him not to do something... He loves to chase my 20 month old daughter but them two together is trouble waiting to happen... Just this week I got him to learn to sit...
    Horse and Braeden (4 + 3), are best buddies, yet best troublemakers together! I can't even tell you how much trouble they've caused together, yet on the other hand, Horse listens to Braeden really well, they sleep snuggled up together in B's race car bed every night, and Horse will only play fetch with B, he taught him and it's the cutest thing ever! (Braeden also learned how to swim without his lifejacket from swimming with a chocolate lab in the pool all day!) Can't wait to hear stories of your baby and baby bully, they're gonna have so much fun together!
    the bond between a child and their dog is beyond words...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Well now you know where the word Bull-headed comes from. They are just like having real skin babies around. As much as they get into trouble, I am able to laugh and giggle every time I see them. It is much easier when you have multiple dogs. Sophie (our Belgium Malanois) doesn't play with Bella other than tug-o-war. But Abby and Bella wrestle all the time.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger
    Likes (Received)

We have a 6 month old bully and he's a spitfire too. We have a 12 year old yellow lab who has to put up with him. We pretty much keep them in separate areas in the house, but when they go outside, the bully just ANNOYS the lab constantly! It's funny though...I took him to Obedience class for 6 weeks. He was the youngest dog in the class and ended up "winning" the weekly progress checks AND he was voted the overall Most Obedient Dog after the 6 weeks. Needless to say, in class he was great. He's very well-behaved when "on the leash". But, he's a stinker around the house and with our other dog. I too, think it's a bully thing!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

o wow, from all yall stories i am grateful about my 2 boys!!! im sure having another dog around the house that actually likes being w another dog has helped so much... we have had lex since he was 6 weeks now 6 months, he hasnt chewed on any furniture rugs etc we did have a problem w him goin to the bath room in the house for about a month but then it stopped and he hasnt made a mess since!!! lex has a big brother bo who is a 100 lb lab, bo has been great w lex from the start. they wrestle all the time bo will put lex in a head lock and hold him there for a few secs w his front paw and poor lex tries to throw bo down on the ground "which in a few months im thinkin he'll be able too". lex and i go for walks and i dont put him on a leash hewalks right by me when he starts to wonder off i middle name him and he comes running back lol. when he was younger i made sure that he wasnt in charge if i told him to do something or told him no and he didnt listen he got a spankin for it, which he snorts when he gets a spankin which is hilarious but i always made sure he knew he wasnt the boss of the house. i think another animal would help out a lot!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

My Bertie will go up to my cocker spaniel Dexter and if he has anything in his mouth...treat, bone, toy etc., she will take it away from him. Since I got Bertie, Dexter has really trimmed down...Bertie keeps taking everything away from him. I have to feed them in seperate rooms, cause she will eat it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads