Puppy vent

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
I love Jack dearly but I think he is testing my patience. Whenever he poops, he kicks his back legs like a cat and ends up smearing the poop on his feet. I've tried standing in different places to see if he would walk forward a bit and now he just does a happy dance all over like he's smashing grapes for wine. I swear if he wasn't so darn cute....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Wellll.....hate to inform you but.... Vegas is 2.5 years old and STILL does that!! Everytime he poops!! I have never been hit by any poop but I have picked my fair share of grass off my legs, lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... Nitschke is 7 and still does it. spreading their scent.

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
:ROFL: this is too funny!!!! I am so thankful that Tank doesn't do that! But I know what you mean about bullies testing your patience! Tank tests me in his own little ways too... that must just be their personality. But that would be very funny to see Jack's happy dance! :lmao:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe would do this, but I'm finally getting him to stop... I used to stand next to him, and as soon as he finished pinching off the last one, I would tap his butt with my foot and say "don't kick". Now I just need to remind him not to kick, but if I forget to remind him, he will kick it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
hahahahaha! When we were at the cabin in Sequim - Bo took a semi-squishy dump and then - kickity kick - FLUNG it ALL OVER BEA! She was just innocently standing by and FFWWAP!!!

Of course, we're out in the woods hiking around .....had nothing with me....no puppy wipes....no paper towels....the poopie bag just smeared it around. I ended up using leaves to scrape it off her. Poor Little Bea!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
lol. i think thats normal behaviour for our bullies. i forgot who came up with a cute name for it here. hafta look back.

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH kicks sometimes. What's funny here is we don't have any grass so she goes on mulch. Usually she steps away from her pile so she ends up kicking mulch all over the place. Often onto the sidewalk. I've seen her kick after just peeing too. But sometimes she doesn't kick at all.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
HRH kicks sometimes. What's funny here is we don't have any grass so she goes on mulch. Usually she steps away from her pile so she ends up kicking mulch all over the place. Often onto the sidewalk. I've seen her kick after just peeing too. But sometimes she doesn't kick at all.

Yeah...Bea doesn't kick at all usually. Our dogs are the funniest things in the world, aren't they? heh heh :bully:

OP
FourPetes

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
At least Jack is "normal" then! I was beginning to think he was spending too much time with his big cat-brother Doofus.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It is pretty funny when it's not your puppy doing it. :ROFL: Wilson's been kicking his feet since we brought him home at 8 weeks. We just said a few minutes ago you can always tell where he peed and pooped because there's grass kicked up all over. Your little guy will get his balance sooner or later and will still kick but as he gets older he should move a few inches then do it, thus avoiding his poop. In the meantime, I suggest not getting frustrated at him and instead just get a wet paper towel (or baby wipes) and wipe his feet. :) It could be worse, he could be a :poo: eater like mine is. :bang:

OP
FourPetes

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
It is pretty funny when it's not your puppy doing it. :ROFL: Wilson's been kicking his feet since we brought him home at 8 weeks. We just said a few minutes ago you can always tell where he peed and pooped because there's grass kicked up all over. Your little guy will get his balance sooner or later and will still kick but as he gets older he should move a few inches then do it, thus avoiding his poop. In the meantime, I suggest not getting frustrated at him and instead just get a wet paper towel (or baby wipes) and wipe his feet. :) It could be worse, he could be a :poo: eater like mine is. :bang:

LOL It is funny when its someone else's dog. I've had a few laughs already from some of these replies. I'm not really frustrated....I've got two young kids so a little poop on the feet isn't anything compared to what a toddler with a marker can do. We had a great dane that would eat poop and the breeder suggested that we feed her baby food fruit (forgot which kind) and it would cure her of the habit. It did work until we stopped giving the baby food.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
LOL on the marker, oh how I remember those days. I've tried EVERYTHING, Wilson's just a nasty dog, he likes the stinky stuff. Oh well it is what it is. Glad to hear you're not really frustrated. :D Enjoy Jack-Jack too, he's a cutie!!! Our AmStaff is named Jack, great name until you go to the backyard and hope that your neighbors didn't hear you when you yelled JACK!!! OFF!!!! when he was playing too rough with your bully. :ROFL: I learned not to say that after about, ohhhhh, 3 yells at him. Both my pups are 8 & 9 months.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
:ROFL:[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Every time I call for Jack and he doesnt listen to me and i keep repeating his name I feel like Im in a scene from the Titanic ...

" Jack...... Jack...... Jack.... wake up Jack......"

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.