REALLY

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
AHHH, Zoey has NEVER had an issue with her rope being moist or her feet...occasionally her eyes water but nothing that caused issues!!! SO I noticed today, after I had cleaned her face last night, that both the wrinkles along her eyes were very wet, so I started checking all over and found to my surprise that inside the nose rope was MOIST and just looking at it could tell it was wet!!! To top it off all her paws are this way too, WTH is going on??? Nothing has been changed no new foods or nothing, she has been on the same food since we got her in November!! Wondering what I should do....do I watch it and wash her up real good in those spots with dial gold bar and try keeping it all even drier than I normally do OR go into panic mommy mode and call the vet and get her in...due to our recent financial crisis (previous post) if I can take care of it at home that would be AWESOME!! But she is my furry kid so I will do what is best for her, she's my baby :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe it's environmental allergies? I know a lot of bullies get benadryl...since food is the same..I would think it's something else! Have you changed detergent or anything like that? Don't panic...I use maloket wipes and a dab of desitin..I also know a Q tip soaked in witch hazel helps cut the moisture as witch hazel is an astrigent..and naturally drying...the wipes are avaiable on Amazon for much cheaper than the vets! :hug:... Don't stress

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]... seasonal allergies. Depending on weight you can benedryl. My two bullies are 60lbs and they get 50mg in the AM and 50 mg in the PM... works well. We tried Zyrtek for a month and it did nothing for them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
May be seasonal allergies, try Benedryl and see if it helps.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It doesn't sound like the areas of the nose rope/wrinkles are discolored...just moist...so like others said, i wouldn't be too concerned about it. What i do is dab a cotton pad along the wrinkles and nose rope a few times a day keep it dry, then a couple times a day i'll wipe them with the Mal-o-Ket wipes that [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, or duoxo pads (which you can also get thru amazon,btw), then i rub a little bit of cornstarch in betw. the wrinkles too. Oh, i also will occasionally use witch hazel which is a great tip i got from [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...i use witch hazel for the tail pockets as well as the wrinkles. You can buy a bottle of that for a couple bucks at the drug store and use a cotton ball/pad.

As far as the benadryl is concerned, you may want to try a low dose to start, like 25mg , and see how Zoey responds to that.
Good luck!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I would agree with everyone else. It sounds like they have all given you great advice. We have some great stuff that we got from the vet when Tubs ended up with a yeast infection in his nose rope and ears. It cleared it right up. We are also using it for routine cleanings and I have found out that I don't have to clean him everyday when using this. His nose rope has stayed nice and white, his ears don't get the normal ear "yuckies" and it clears up his tear stains right away when they act up. I actually don't need to clean him every day. I check him every day and clean him about every 1-2 weeks just for maintenance. I don't have the bottle with right now and I know you don't want to go to the vet, but if you end up needing to go and want the name of the stuff we use so you can ask your vet about it, let me know and I will pass it along to you! Good luck!

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
So I have been drying her eye wrinkles and nose rope multiple times a day and using desetin it has helped but her eyes are watery soo bad that they are staining now... so I just ordered the wipes that @jakiesgreat mentioned and I got the malacetic ultra flush too should be here in 3-5 days...will try that once they get here and go from there if no improvement will take her in...her paws don't look as red either as before....thanks everyone for the great tips and ideas.

OP
Alicia M Kouw

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Alice..just wanted to check on you! How are you and your hubby doing? This is a difficult time..just wanted to give you a :hug:!!!!!

Awww thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]....we are surviving...I actually start working tomorrow night :( wish I didn't have to but it is what it is.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]....we are surviving...I actually start working tomorrow night :( wish I didn't have to but it is what it is.
Yes..we do what we have to! I'm glad you found something. And just remember..this too shall pass..keep positive thoughts....I know something better will come!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.