Ok someone talk me out of this ?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I got an email from my best friend a minute ago with this in it.

puppy.jpg

This is a photo of Dozer and his litter mates at about the same age. Even the white on the legs match
dozerpups.jpg

I'm losing my mind. This dog looks almost just like my baby. I know i shouldn't buy a puppy out of the paper. I know I shouldn't bring home a puppy when Tyson just came home. I know just he looks like Dozer doesn't mean he will be anything like him. I also know I cant afford this puppy as I don't have an extra 1800 laying around at this particular moment. But every ounce of me screams that I NEED this guy. SO i know I'm crazy here ahh help!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh GOOD GOD... they are precious and he looks just like your angel!! Heck, I even want one. But, back to the reality, as you said, $$$$$ is needed for your new skin kid that is coming. You will have another, but don't do an impulse buy.

BTW - give your friend a Gibbs slap fo sendingit to you ;-)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Yesterday you were saying all the expensive treatments that Tyson may need..... Personally, I don't think you need the financial burden of another puppy right now. Save your money right now is my advice.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aye! I recently finished reading a financial advice book (yes, I'm a nerd :) ), and one of the secrets to succeeding is to wait 24 hours and see if you're still in the same frame of mind then. But for you, I recommend a week. :yes: lol.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Back away from the ledge....
Do not take another step..!

Just that fact that you're asking tells you that it is not the right time...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I totally understand where you are coming from, but you are right. It's not Dozer. He won't smell like Dozer, he won't walk like Dozer and he won't act like Dozer. Buying a puppy that reminds you of your Angel Baby (hint hint) might just be a disaster waiting to happen. You still talk to Dozer and feel Dozer around you. This seems to be the puzzle piece that you want, but it won't fit. If you do buy another puppy...I really suggest you buy one that does not resemble Dozer in looks. Dozer was one of a kind.... Buying a carbon copy won't fix your heart.

Hugs to you.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Well said [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]! Couldn't agree with you more!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I fourth that @Libra926 is right. So delete the e-mail :) Once you fix Tyson and your new skin kid comes then you can see how your finances are looking then you can decide if you want a new pup. Sorry, don't want to sound mean, but pups are way too cute, so back away from the e=mail. :luv:

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] also. I am not one to say not to jump on a whim but in this case I think you have a full plate and wont be able to fill that void that you so desperately want to. :(

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I use to want every puppy that came in at my vets office. But after spending so much time, worry and money on the ones I have now I've realized they don't stay cute and little. They grow big fast and so do their issues. Not only did I see a lot of cute EB puppies but I also saw a lot of mature bulldogs with allergies, breathing and skin issues. That's my reality check.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Awww. I agree with [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION].

I know it must be super hard. But sometimes the mind has to say no when the heart says yes.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
:nonono::nope:. Form your bond w/Tyson and then see what you think of bringing in a pup later on

I agree with this and everyone else too. I know it is tough, but you need to grow close to your new furry baby first, have your skinbaby and then maybe consider it. I know it is tempting!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.