Tyson is going to end up hating me

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ok so twice a day Tyson has to have 4 different pills. I hide them in cheese but he knows and he seems to hate it . I also tried pill pockets and hot dogs, cheese seems to work the best. He has to have his eyes wiped, flushed and have meds put in them three times a day. Then he has to have liquid ear meds put in his ears twice a day. I give him treats when I do this but he just puts his head down and sighs, then shakes his head and rubs his eyes and ears on his bed. I know that this is what he needs but I feel bad because we are just getting to know each other and I have to do all these things that he hates several times a day.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
He might not enjoy when you are doing it, but I bet he knows that he'll feel better afterwards. I also bet that he'll be closer to you because of the tender loving care. Like kids when they are sick, they hate that their mommas give them medicine, but its their mommas that they run to first when they need comfort.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I know what you mean....
Im having to give Jack antibiotics after the surgery.. He hates the pill..
I hide it in chesse, peanut butter, yogurt, hershey's chocolate and lately I've just been pushing it down into his throat as far as i can...

Luckily I only have 2 more to go....

im just kidding about the chocolate.. want to make sure your listening.! :tease:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] You sure gave me a scare til i saw the bottom part of your post. I was going to write you a pm about the dangers of dogs and chocolate :blink:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Peanut butter works great with Brooke to hid her antibiotics she's on. It's a capsule and if she chewed it im sure it'd taste awful. But with the peanut butter she just about inhales it and swallows it whole. Then licks my finger to death.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
....BUT...(which means, "behold the underlying truth").....I for one cannot WAIT to see the "before and after" pictures of Tyson. It won't be long and you'll see a difference yourself. He'll be shining from the inside out from all this good care!

Speaking of good care, I met a 14 year old bullie male - intact even, which kinda freaked me out - and he was GORGEOUS. Moving slow - to be sure - but just as clear eyed, healthy coated and enjoying the dog park as any of the other pups there. Clearly, he had rec'd good care his entire life from the guy with him who got him as a puppy so many years ago. This is my hope for my bullies and for everyone else on this board, I'm certain.

[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] you are adding years to Tyson's life and remember: dogs live in the moment anyway. He's forgotten about the pill with the next "Fun" thing you do with him so do try not to share that "feel sorry" energy, if you can help it. Hard, I know. We love them so.....but it doesn't help you or Tyson. :hug: HUG!

Hang in there. Bea and Bo send their slobbery, farty regards!

V, B & B

Bea and Bo - Sept 2011.jpg

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
I agree this counts as bonding, especially when crappy stuff is followed with treat and rubs. Sorry about the pill pockets. A godsend for us. Sounds like you are being the best human he's ever met!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it will all be in the past before you know it... he loves you already thanks to the goodness he gets when mama is all done. We had issues with Nitschke taking pills... best thing I found that works like a charm and he even comes running for it... Vanilla Ice Cream!! never ever fails and he loves it. Now, Nitschke is allergic to all dairy so we have to buy lactose free... and the only one I have found is made by Breyers. Give that a try... he will love you even more.

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
Poor Tyson! Peanut Butter is my secret weapon for pill giving. I get a tablespoon full of PB and stick the pills down into the middle of the PB and make it into a little ball with the meds tucked right in the middle...then I get another spoon full of PB...after I give the loaded PB ball, I stick the spoon full of PB down in front of my baby immediately and she is so excited about getting more she swallows the pills and PB and then starts licking the PB from the spoon. Punkie NEVER spits out the meds...the PB is so gooey and sticky, her tounge is busy trying to get the extra treat and all that licking ensures that the pills go down. Good Luck

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I used to wrap HRH's pill in cheese; now I just ask her if she wants a treat and she takes it and swallows it bare. She also sits quietly and lets us put drops in her eyes twice a day. :heart::heart::heart: SHe ain't normal.. LOL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
How bout if you give the pill in a slab of raw meat? Stig goes for it everytime. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My old dog has to take 3 pills in the am and 4 in the pm, has for years. The best thingthat works for me is putting a tad bit of wet food on a fork and then I give it to him. Try that and see if he'll take his pills that way. He'll sill like ya too.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I feel ur pain. Chaos is on 4 pills a day right now too and he already is semi aggressive to me.(although he is getting better) i feel like hes gonna hate me more but i know they realize we are caring for them.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well apparently I have a "pill head" for a dog, I hide Vegas's pills in cheese, but one time I dropped the cheese and the pill rolled out. Vegas scarffed up the cheese and then went straight for the pill and ate it too!! I still hide his pills when he is on them, but I am thinking I could just give it to him and he would inhale it without a second thought.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.