Tyson is going to end up hating me

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HA - pill head... Vegas cracks me up

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
My old dog has to take 3 pills in the am and 4 in the pm, has for years. The best thingthat works for me is putting a tad bit of wet food on a fork and then I give it to him. Try that and see if he'll take his pills that way. He'll sill like ya too.

I do this too. I roll wet food into a "meatball" and place the pills inside. Lucy loves it.

Don't worry. Once he figures out the medicine routine he will begin to realize you are trying to help him.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I have to give Mr. Wilson two pills one hour before he can even eat. His mouth is dry in the morning so it's even more "fun" trying to get those pills down. I put them as far back on his tongue as possible...close the mouth quickly and try to trickle a little water from his bowl in so he can have enough moisture to swallow them. Works only half the time. He's getting good at turning his tongue into a big ruffle and manipulates those pills to the front. Spits them out when I'm not looking. Now I have to stay and watch him to make sure they've gone down the hatch or I will keep doing it till I know they are in. Then I have to put his special ointment in one eye and special moisturizing eyedrops in the other eye. Then I have to wipe his entire face, wrinkles, under the chin, eyes and wash his feet and behind. You'd think he'd hate me by now. First thing he does when I sit at my desk is to lie down and put his head on my feet. Sometimes he gives me his paw to hold too. I know he knows I'm really trying to help him and that he loves me.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Well apparently I have a "pill head" for a dog, I hide Vegas's pills in cheese, but one time I dropped the cheese and the pill rolled out. Vegas scarffed up the cheese and then went straight for the pill and ate it too!! I still hide his pills when he is on them, but I am thinking I could just give it to him and he would inhale it without a second thought.

Oliver did the same thing once when I was giving him two benadryl. I stuffed them in the end of half a hot dog and the pills popped out while he was eating the dog and then he sniffed them on the floor and licked them right up and poof, they were gone. Must have been the smell of the hot dog on them.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes sarah and i have had quite the battles with pills. i cannot get them far enough down her throat so that she cant spit them out. now i just put them in some wet food and she eats them up. bf used to use cheese also till i realized she was allergic to it now he uses peanut butter. dont worry i used to have quite the regimen with sarah and her yeast. twice a day everyday a whole thing of stuff to do. she would give me the stinkeye and run and all that but she loved me anyway. i mean two minutes after it was done she was loving me again. when he starts feeling better it will be ok. and i agree with the bonding. sarah runs to me when she doesnt feel good every time.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't bother hiding Gator and Gypsy's. I just throw the pills in the food dish with their meals and down they go. I need cheese to give any to Lucy though. She is a bit more savy. lol

Don't worry, I have found that after caring for them during an illness, our bond got even stronger. He loves you already, I am sure.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
dont feel bad! I am having an awful time this round with Chaos and his pills. The yeast pill he takes with no trouble but the cephalexin is big and I have been having to shove it down his throat. Also started him on fish oil today and they are big too....gonna try the wet food ?? i think :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online