Olaf will be gone for another week!

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Hey all, we just got back from vacation and while we were gone our awesome breeder gladly took him in. So we had a feeling while we were gone she would try to put a bit of weight on him (as her bullies tend to bo on the bigger side) but it turns out he is underweight! We feel terrible but arent totally shocked since he is a picky (dog food) eater. Our breeder was shocked seeing as he was the BIGGEST puupy in the litter and was the one that got inside the bowel and would follow in the circle and eat every last bite. So she is now trying to find what he likes. She took him to a boutique that offers samples thinking she would find something but sure enough he wasn't real excited about much. So we will see what some "tricks" will be to keep weight on him. He will be going to a handling class tomorrow night (he is a show prospect) so hopefully that will go well! Also as far as his palette (desertsky might like to know) he does not have a problem...He does have an overstimulation problem tho and that is what happened! So we will just have to work with that. We are going to miss him the next week but we want to do what is best for our baby! BTW just curious how many cups of food your bully eats a day? Thanks guys, gals, and bullies!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I free feed my boys so I really have no idea how much they eat. I put 3 big scoops in their bowl (they share) and sometimes it lasts for 2 days and sometimes 1. I am soooo not used to a picky eater so not sure what you could do to get him to gain a little. I wonder if they make a doggy supplement for this? I know like with my neice who was under weight the dr had my sis give ensure to add a little so maybe there is a dog friendly addition like that you could do? How nice to be able to leave him with your breeder! That must make you feel like he is being WELL taken care of. :)

OP
bbstubbles

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Well funny you mention supplement b/c our breeder just ordered him a weight gainer but ideally it is not supposed to be used long term....sooooo yaaa...grrrr lol

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh my.... I didn't think any bully was a picky eater after having Chester. The only thing he won't eat, believe it or not - is cantloupe! I'm sorry he'll be gone another week.. {{hugs}}

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww I know you miss him soooooooooo bad!!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.