Tyson is a family man.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Tyson is settling in nicely. He is turning out to be quite the family dog. He walks up to everyone in the house and sits and waits until they pet him and then moves on to the next person and repeats.He sat with the kids this morning as they ate breakfast before school. The kids love this.
Dozer was very much just my dog. He didn't really have an interest in anyone in the house besides me. He followed my every move. He would allow the kids to pet him if I were right their and they came up to him , but if he even though I might move he would walk away from them . It's a little sad for me not having my personal shadow, but also great for everyone here that we have a family dog.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I don't think you should be sad; rather be happy that he feels the security of the whole household and doesn't feel the need to cling to you. It is wonderful that you have given him a loving home. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That just made my day to hear!!! What a wonderful gift you gave Tyson and what a wonderful gift it sounds like Tyson is giving your family, LOVE!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Very glad to hear that he is settling in and happy in his new home with his new family

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Your post made me smile. So glad he's settling in nicely and looks forward to being petted like how you described. It's really cute.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He'll be your shadow in no time... I think it is part of their make-up. I am shadowed by both of mine ALL the time, can't tell how many times I've tripped and fell thansk to Mr. under-foot boy ;-)

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I agree, just give him a few days, he'll be your shadow in no time. Oh yeah, Chaos and Tyson have something in common....Chaos name is "Tyson Chaos". The hubby calls him tyson :) I call him both but mostly Chaos cause thats what he is....total Chaos all the time :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tyson sounds like such a lovely bully. Also sounds like he's adjusting quite well into his new family and surroundings.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
I've been following your story and I'm so happy that Tyson has turned out to be a wonderful addition to your family. I'm sorry for your loss of Dozer but maybe he found a way to send Tyson to you to ease the pain.

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Sounds like everybody (Tyson and your family) got a win-win situation. :hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Aww good boy! Like other's have said I think it will be a matter of days until you will have a new shadow. There are times I actually yell at Vegas to go sit with daddy because I can't cook or go to the bathroom with out him.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awwww! I think that's so sweet that he's "sharing the love". :heart: I agree that he will be your shadow ... but he will love everyone's attention too! That'll be good especially when the new baby girl comes. :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Tyson sounds so sweet. I love it that he went and sat with each member of the family to be petted. I don't mind sharing the love. My BabyGirl drops me like a hot potato once my husband enters the room. HaHa! But she always comes back to me in the end. Sending Tyson smoochies and huggies from me and my pack.

Most Reactions