Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
There's days I really wish Tank would shrink back to a little puppy again! However, I don't miss the potty training! :lol:
From everyone's experience, what age do you think has been the best so far with your bully?

071.jpg

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Buster's 4 months so still in the puppy age and we always talk about how we can't wait for him to get big haha. I'm sure once he's big we'll wish the same as you haha

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster's 4 months so still in the puppy age and we always talk about how we can't wait for him to get big haha. I'm sure once he's big we'll wish the same as you haha

Oh trust me! We were the SAME WAY! Haha! You will miss how small they are at that age! I miss being able to give Tank a bath in the sink!:lmao:

klusner

Sep 19, 2011
Its a nice thread man.I have a British Bull dog and i had this when my bull was a puppy.I remember some times the playing with my bull puppy when we used to play foot ball and walk and run together.I brought up mu dog as my own kid.I remember those days because those were really beautiful.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
P5180015.jpg I miss the multitude of little wrinkles! Bea still has a bunch - but nothing like she did as a 10 week old puppy (pictured). Puppy breath gets my "second most missed" thing. *sigh* Time flies by so quickly.....

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I really dont care too much for the puppy stage....... ITS A LOT OF WORK....

I rather had an older dog that still loves you more than ever, does what he is told, goes potty in his bathroom and you dont need to go running around looking for him to make sure he isnt doing something he shouldn't be ....

These are the exact words my wife says about me and I thought it was appropriate to quote her in this thread. :ROFL:

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH came to rule her kingdom here in Milwaukee at 3.5 years old. We didn't want a puppy and all its trials and tribulations .......... but there is NOTHING cuter than a baby bullie!!!! ;)

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
love the cuteness of a puppy, but heck, Chaos is 9 months and STILL not 100% potty trained!!!! And only because of his stubbornness. He is until he is home alone in his crate.....even if its only 2 hrs, he has an accident. so not sure what age I love the best.....the age after he finally gets the crate thing I bet :)

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I loved Lucy at every stage. She was such a good puppy and was pretty easy to potty train--but we were on a tight schedule around here so I would like to think my hubby and I had a part in that.

She never has chewed or destroyed one thing in my home. Occasionally she will chew apart a toy or get her lips on a garden glove or the remote----but I never had a dog that didn't destroy something.

I love that she is my shadow now ( I call her my patcher--a term my Grammy used all of the time- LOL). She loves to be near me or my husband. Never had a dog like her and probably will never have one just like her again so everyday is a precious gift. Sounds corny but I'm GONZO over this little lady!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I love the puppy stage and part of me wishes Wilson wouldn't get any older. But then the other part of me wishes he'd fast-forward 2 years. He's 8 months now and last night I went to Kohls, got myself some new slippers, and Wilson go ahold of them 4 times----he quickly chewed 2 holes in the right one. :bang: He hasn't even given the other slippers that are in the same spot the time of day, go figure. He's my babe but OMG he has a mind of his own. But do I miss the puppy stage, YES cause they don't stay young for very long. Makes me want another one. :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have enjoyed Samson at all his life stages BUT no I don't miss the puppy stage. Samson was actually a really good puppy, super easy to potty train, chewed up a couple things but not alot, wasn't a biter at all, of course SUPER cute but I think I prefer his more low key lazy, bully adult attitude. Which is why I will probably rescue my next bully, I don't NEED the puppy stage, I'd rather save a homeless bully and give him a loving home :)

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I completely agree with [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]. Lola makes us laugh more than she ever has. I think I recorded every second of Lola as a baby and when I look at that I cannot believe how fast three years went......however, I would adopt before buying a puppy!

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I don't miss the biting with needle-sharp teeth, or the interrupted sleep while potty training. I do miss being able to hold her with one arm, the multitude of wrinkles, and the puppy breath. Bully puppies may be the cutest creatures on earth!

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
haha I love all the responses! I loved almost every minute with Tank as a pup.. Except for the chewing and potty training! If I could do it all over again, I definitely think I'd like to adopt a bully. They deserve loving homes, too! :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online