I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Don't you miss the puppy days?

There's days I really wish Tank would shrink back to a little puppy again! However, I don't miss the potty training!
    From everyone's experience, what age do you think has been the best so far with your bully?

-071-jpg

Default Re: Don't you miss the puppy days?

Buster's 4 months so still in the puppy age and we always talk about how we can't wait for him to get big haha. I'm sure once he's big we'll wish the same as you haha

Boomsboozed Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank (11/3/09 - 8/2/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AMart79 View Post
    Buster's 4 months so still in the puppy age and we always talk about how we can't wait for him to get big haha. I'm sure once he's big we'll wish the same as you haha
    Oh trust me! We were the SAME WAY! Haha! You will miss how small they are at that age! I miss being able to give Tank a bath in the sink!

Its a nice thread man.I have a British Bull dog and i had this when my bull was a puppy.I remember some times the playing with my bull puppy when we used to play foot ball and walk and run together.I brought up mu dog as my own kid.I remember those days because those were really beautiful.
    Klusner

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Adorable pic of Tank!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

-p5180015-jpg I miss the multitude of little wrinkles! Bea still has a bunch - but nothing like she did as a 10 week old puppy (pictured). Puppy breath gets my "second most missed" thing. *sigh* Time flies by so quickly.....

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

I really dont care too much for the puppy stage....... ITS A LOT OF WORK....

I rather had an older dog that still loves you more than ever, does what he is told, goes potty in his bathroom and you dont need to go running around looking for him to make sure he isnt doing something he shouldn't be ....

These are the exact words my wife says about me and I thought it was appropriate to quote her in this thread.
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; 09-21-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

HRH came to rule her kingdom here in Milwaukee at 3.5 years old. We didn't want a puppy and all its trials and tribulations .......... but there is NOTHING cuter than a baby bullie!!!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

love the cuteness of a puppy, but heck, Chaos is 9 months and STILL not 100% potty trained!!!! And only because of his stubbornness. He is until he is home alone in his crate.....even if its only 2 hrs, he has an accident. so not sure what age I love the best.....the age after he finally gets the crate thing I bet
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I loved Lucy at every stage. She was such a good puppy and was pretty easy to potty train--but we were on a tight schedule around here so I would like to think my hubby and I had a part in that.

She never has chewed or destroyed one thing in my home. Occasionally she will chew apart a toy or get her lips on a garden glove or the remote----but I never had a dog that didn't destroy something.

I love that she is my shadow now ( I call her my patcher--a term my Grammy used all of the time- LOL). She loves to be near me or my husband. Never had a dog like her and probably will never have one just like her again so everyday is a precious gift. Sounds corny but I'm GONZO over this little lady!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I love the puppy stage and part of me wishes Wilson wouldn't get any older. But then the other part of me wishes he'd fast-forward 2 years. He's 8 months now and last night I went to Kohls, got myself some new slippers, and Wilson go ahold of them 4 times----he quickly chewed 2 holes in the right one. He hasn't even given the other slippers that are in the same spot the time of day, go figure. He's my babe but OMG he has a mind of his own. But do I miss the puppy stage, YES cause they don't stay young for very long. Makes me want another one.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have enjoyed Samson at all his life stages BUT no I don't miss the puppy stage. Samson was actually a really good puppy, super easy to potty train, chewed up a couple things but not alot, wasn't a biter at all, of course SUPER cute but I think I prefer his more low key lazy, bully adult attitude. Which is why I will probably rescue my next bully, I don't NEED the puppy stage, I'd rather save a homeless bully and give him a loving home

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads