New puppy keeps peeing on couch !

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Alright so we have had our pup for 3 weeks now and no accidents in the house , she always goes to the door . Latley she keeps peeing on our couch !!! Even within 20 min of doing number one and two outside ! I know she's not a bully but bear with me here lol , Shes a shorkie . Today he went outside and went pee and poop then twenty minutes later she peed and pooped on the couch while my wife was in bathroom !!! Does any one have any tips ? She gets lots of praise when she goes outside

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
let samson eat her...just kidding, make sure all smell of past accidents is off the couch or it will just attract them to go there again. other than that maybe not allow her on the couch until she's older and you can trust her.

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I think the smell has a lot to do with the issue....

The first 2 weeks of having Jack, he was constantly peeing in a corner of our home.
Not until I thoroughly cleaned the area with Pine Sol & Bleach did he stop going to that corner ...

Now he goes to another corner ! :D Just kidding

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Lol , yes we soak up the pee by pushing down really hard and long on the couch and then soak it with a pet stain remover letting it soak in hoping it's getting the urine out of the foam :/

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Make sure the cleaner doesn't have ammonia in it, that attracks them back to the same place as urine is ammonia based. Simple Green stain/pet odor is available at the pet stores, as are some other brands.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think I would ban her from the couch.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Mike..:hiya:... Get natures miracle...petsmart..petco..basically any pet store! Works great..will have to use it a few times and let dry in between uses! Maybe she's afraid to jump off the couch! She IS a wee one!..Also glad she's still with us!! :eek:

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
She's so teeny. I guess I would just be glad they are small accidents. Maybe she's just stressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes , we own an industrial carpet cleAner so I cleaned the couches and all the carpets for the heck of it lol , no accidents since !

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
My Shih Tzu did the same thing. We have hardwood floors & he would find anything soft to pee on so he didn't have to go on the hard floor! Even the baby's blanket or nap nanny sleeper or anything else unlucky enough to be w/in peeing range! But just about every time I would have him on the couch w/ me he would pee! But mostly when he would wake up from napping, before I could pick him up to get him outside. He did stop after a few months. Is a shorkie a Shih Tzu x Yorkie? Shih Tzus are notoriously stubborn to housetrain, & I can say that from not only research but personal experience! :cursing:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online