Stig the Enforcer

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Apparently the daycare employees depend on Stig to keep the peace. lol.

My bf dropped him off this morning and when they got there one of the employees picked him up from the car and said "Oh good Stig's here." Confused yet curious, my bf asked why. All she said was "Oh one of the small dogs is being yappy. Stig will show him ..."

What that means exactly, I'm not too sure. But definitely he has his way of keeping them quiet. :lol:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Maybe he just plays with the lil yapper and is a distraction. Or maybe Stig is a "dog whisperer" and tries to keep the bad energy to a minimum like Cesar says.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I can tell you what it means, Stig doesn't let the little butt head run around and act like an idiot. He probably has put him in his place a time or two and now he knows he can't act like that and bother all the other dogs when Stig is around. When I was working in daycare we were soooo thankful for dogs like him.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I can tell you what it means, Stig doesn't let the little butt head run around and act like an idiot. He probably has put him in his place a time or two and now he knows he can't act like that and bother all the other dogs when Stig is around. When I was working in daycare we were soooo thankful for dogs like him.

:eek: You mean he's not a gentle mini-giant!? lol. Thanks for the explanation. Makes me love him even more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can second what [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] said... when I am at the doggie daycare, I am beyond happy to see my 'school yard safeties'. They really help keep the hyper children in line ;-)

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I can second what @dozersmama said... when I am at the doggie daycare, I am beyond happy to see my 'school yard safeties'. They really help keep the hyper children in line ;-)

Or should it be 'Stig the School Yard Monitor' ... although it doesn't have the same ring as the 'enforcer'. :lol:

So what do they do exactly? Bark or chase them around until the yappers stop?

And I really should ask for some sort of discount. I mean, they're making him work! Even though I'm sure he doesn't mind. :)

Last edited:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
They will usually just walk over and sort of alpha them. Sometimes they will growl or chase then when they are doing something annoying. Idk about your daycare but most wont allow biting or anything like that so he is probably just displaying dominant behavior that is completely appropriate for the situation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They will usually just walk over and sort of alpha them. Sometimes they will growl or chase then when they are doing something annoying. Idk about your daycare but most wont allow biting or anything like that so he is probably just displaying dominant behavior that is completely appropriate for the situation.

as [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] said.. growl, chase, nudge or in some cases it could just be the mear presence of an alpha dog. We had a pit-bull (sweetest thing ever) Maggie... all she had to do was walk in the gate and I swear it was like the dogs all would line up and salute or bow as she walked by them. and, she knew it too... she had such a strut to her like 'yeah, that's right, I am ... now foul play today boys and girls'. Her parents moved and I was crushed on her last day

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online