Am I too overprotective? Or being smart?

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Soooo this weekend is our first wedding anniversary ... we had planned to go away for the weekend, somewhere close. Well, in my infinite wisdom I scheduled Chunk's neuter for today since I would be home. I held off on making any reservations so I could decide how far to go with him in the car (I found a few places to choose from that are pet friendly). Now I'm thinking that I'm awfully selfish to think of putting him in the car and us go anywhere!!! We were gonna leave tomorrow morning once we pick a place and decide where to go. No further than two hours in the car and really just hanging out at the hotel ... not planning anything to do really. Probably order room service and veg out in a big comfy bed. (Much needed for us!) Soooo should we just stay home and go away another weekend?! Am I a bad bully mommy to even be thinking about putting him in the car and taking him away from his comfort zone?!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have to say... I'd be rescheduling that anniversary weekend, would not want to be away from our regular vet.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
That's the way I'm leaning. We can veg at home and either go out to dinner or order in something nice. I am even considering cancelling anniversary weekend all together and purchasing a nice recliner ... which we want/need.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.