Barking problem

Katrik

Aug 1, 2010
Asheville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess "Katie"
I have a 10 1/2 month old female bulldog. She is very smart and has learned numerous tricks. The problem I am having is that the neighbor's dog barks at her when she is outside and now she has started barking back. Everytime she goes outside now and sees one of their dogs or someone else she barks at them. Is there a way to break her of doing this? We use the turn around command and that sometimes works, but she will sometime still "ruff" under her breath at them. Thanks for any suggestions that you might have.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I dont know about this one, my boy barks at the neighbors randomly but if I tell him not to then he stops. Will be hard in this situation tho since the neighbors dogs are starting it. Im sure someone on here will have better advice for you.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Champ says:

Champ Waring: our chiwowow barked a wot. mommie squirted her wif a water bottle just oncer per bark. she no bark now :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We took a soda can and filled it with pennies taped it up and would shake it when ours barked and it solved our problem

Another suggestion from our friends on facebook

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yeah, well Vegas stole the shaker and Orion loves the squirt bottle.....And our neighbor's dog starts the barking also. AND they just let him bark all day, so it is very hard to try and train mine to "walk away". In fact, they have started tearing down the wood fence. *sigh*

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm sorry I'm not sure what to suggest for this. Samson is the typical bulldog standard, only barks for a real reason. I use the spray bottle for other discipline issues, Sam hates it! I really don't even need to spray him anymore, if I just point it at him he stops doing whatever he is getting in trouble for.

OP
Katrik

Katrik

Aug 1, 2010
Asheville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess "Katie"
Yeah, well Vegas stole the shaker and Orion loves the squirt bottle.....And our neighbor's dog starts the barking also. AND they just let him bark all day, so it is very hard to try and train mine to "walk away". In fact, they have started tearing down the wood fence. *sigh*

For a minute there I thought we had the same neighbor until you mentioned wood fence. I only wish they had a wood fence up. They use the underground fencing, which the Boxer (the problem dog) has actually crossed. He tried to bite Katie but my husband stopped him then he tried to bite my husband. We told the neighbors, but they don't seem to care.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.