excited

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Is it just my bull dog or do other bull dog do this.... when we are playing and he gets a little excited he will jump up at me thats fine even though he could knock me over with his weight... THEN he will snip my leg.,
just above my knee at the side... not a bite more like a little peck. is it becauce he is excited, or as my hubby says a love kiss it doesnt hurt or cause a bruise. is my baby boy showing me who is master

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson has never done that before. I know herding dogs do that because it's in there nature to try to herd you but not sure why your Walter would be doing it. It may be a dominance thing??????

OP
deegary

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
i know sheep dog do this on the back of the sheeps legs when thay are rounding them up..... may be i should wear a woolie coat and go round barring lol
Walter is just a little tinker who i love the bones of ahhhhhhhhhhhh

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance does that (or something similar) when he is overly excited. He only does that with his dad or I so I suspect (not an expert) that it is a combo of excitement and a desire to be the pack leader in the house. We will typically force him to the floor and make him lie quietly if we find his play is becoming too aggressive.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Frenchton Louie has been doing this lately to us, just like you described. A lil side nip...just a minor nibble when he's excited. BabyGirl side nips my knee too but when she is restless. If it gets anymore aggressive I would not put up with it though. I told my husband to immediately stop playing and say "NO" whenever they do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions