bulldog trainer in LA?!

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
Hi guys~
I'm lookin to train my Dukey(9 months old) so i can leave him at home while i go to work, so he won't make a mess or be a good dog

Anyone knows any good bulldog trainer in So Cal
preferably around LA area??

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Not in your area, but do you mean a trainer or a sitter? I let Stig roam in the kitchen and dining area when no one's home, it's where his crate is. We chose that area because there's nothing much to chew on.

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
i mean a trainer~
lol anybody has any experience training your bully?? isn't bully little bit different from other dogs in training area also?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i mean a trainer~lol anybody has any experience training your bully?? isn't bully little bit different from other dogs in training area also?
Just more stubborn..if he is crate trained..he won't make a mess..AND most importantly..he will be safe. You can and should do the crate truing yourself! You can do it!! No one knows your pup like you. And..it's never too late! An adult dog can be successfully trained...yours is young!

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
i mean a trainer~
lol anybody has any experience training your bully?? isn't bully little bit different from other dogs in training area also?

Ah, I see. :)

Stig took training classes at PetSmart and he aced everything, even his trainer was surprised. lol. There were a lot of treats involved at first though. Trust me, they're smarter than they look. :eek:

chonchimama

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
Bulldog(s) Names
Max a.k.a "Chonchito"
Hi guys~
I'm lookin to train my Dukey(9 months old) so i can leave him at home while i go to work, so he won't make a mess or be a good dog

Anyone knows any good bulldog trainer in So Cal
preferably around LA area??

I haven't started yet, but I am about to start training with Chonchito at Kelly's Dog Training in NoHo. Liked her website, seems good- will let you know how it goes. Have had some chewing issues in the home already, and trainer did recommend crate. I haven't got one yet, I just can't stand the thought of him withouth freedom to walk around. I'm a pushover, what can I say. Nonetheless, I am going to inquire about crates today.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I did the PetSmart route too w/Tate and now with Finn. That's definitely an option. But if you are looking for something a bit more specialized there are lots of private trainers out there if you do an internet search. Also, PetSmart offers 1:1 training too.

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR ahahahahahha!! what a great avatar!! lololol that just made my night
thank you for that =]

my dukey is crate trained, however I just don't want to leave him in a crate for a very long time (lets say 8 hours??)

thanks for your recommendations guys!
i am looking around my local area, but i will def look into petsmart too!

OP
S

sharkpah

May 3, 2011
hahahah I think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] wins for the AVATAR of the summer! what a great avatar..lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
hahahah I think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] wins for the AVATAR of the summer! what a great avatar..lol
:rofl:... Thanks! But I didn't do it!! [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] fixed up Jakes picture from a post and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] framed it and got it so I could make it an avatar!! I love it too!! Ok..another idea..get an xpen..and a crate..make an area that he can be in crate and then has small area to enclose him in..but just so you know..lots and lots of doggies are in crates 8 hours plus..and they are fine! ,ouch better than them chewing electrical cords or furniture!! :eek: if he's crate trained..you have the hardest part done!! You'll figure it out! As far as training..most cities have BASIC puppy and obedience classes through parks and rec..or such..might check into that....you'll do fine!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.