Not sure what topic this falls under...

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
So most of you remember my post about ruckus and thinking about switching vets as recommended by the Bully rescue group after his breathing episode. I do love my vet, and even more now... They called hubby today to check on ruckus's constipation. My husband told them were cutting back on the laxatives to see how it goes. I was surprised & happy when the mentioned how good his food is and if it's working for his yeast&allergies the laxative is something that won't hurt him to keep him on if the food is what's causing the binding stool. He's on natures variety instinct salmon and looks good so far. The other bully vet thought I should feed him some prescription H/A that had no meet and sawdust as an ingredient. Hmm.. I might not be switching vets after all.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
sawdust? whaaat?!

I'm trying to remember the food. It wasn't listed as sawdust, some plant thing or something but when I looked it up it said most commonly used is cotton or sawdust. That's all I needed to hear.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Doesn't matter where it is posted.... the important thing is that Ruckus is on the mend. :)

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ok it's Purina HA. Here's what I was talking about. The sixth ingredient is powdered cellulose… a non-digestible plant fiber usually made from cotton or sawdust. Cellulose is sometimes added to dilute the number of calories per serving and to give the feeling of fullness when it is eaten.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Double YUK! :barf:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's amazing the things the FDA will approve for dog food, just disgusting.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.