bully senses...

tmaguire

Aug 4, 2010
Oh my, I have really enjoyed reading all of your stories! It makes me even more eager to add an english bulldog to my family! In the meantime, I get by by looking at all of your beautiful pictures and reading all of your awesome (and sometimes funny) stories! I do have 2 pugs and a newfoundland. They do seem to know when someone is not feeling well. If one of my 3 boys aren't feeling well, and are laying down on the couch, both pugs will lay on them all day long and Teddy Bear (my newfie) will stay right on the floor shoved right up against their couch. None of them will leave their side! Dogs are just amazing and caring creatures! God bless them! What would we do without them!:D

W

WrinkledJowels

I used to call Adrian the bull-nurse. Nothing can make you feel better than your bulldog tending to you when you get sick! She knows something isn't right--and makes it a point to dispense extra kisses and care! I can't imagine where I'd be without meeting her a few years ago!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
When I had surgery, I was home for almost 6 weeks. Abby at a whopping 55 lbs has always thought of herself as a "lap" dog. Well never once did I need to tell her NO or fight her off my belly. She would just lay besides me, that was the first and last time. Now she still continues to get on my lap when ever she can.

I also notice that when Bella was very ill (deathly) the other dogs would have nothing...NOTHING to do with her. They ignored her. Once she got diagnosed and medicated, the others started playing with her and sleeping besides her. They must have known something was up. You hear stories about the "pack" abandoning a sick member. I think that this is exactly what had happened. I really didn't notice it until Bella was getting better.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
When I had surgery, I was home for almost 6 weeks. Abby at a whopping 55 lbs has always thought of herself as a "lap" dog. Well never once did I need to tell her NO or fight her off my belly. She would just lay besides me, that was the first and last time. Now she still continues to get on my lap when ever she can.

I also notice that when Bella was very ill (deathly) the other dogs would have nothing...NOTHING to do with her. They ignored her. Once she got diagnosed and medicated, the others started playing with her and sleeping besides her. They must have known something was up. You hear stories about the "pack" abandoning a sick member. I think that this is exactly what had happened. I really didn't notice it until Bella was getting better.

How sad they wouldnt play or love on her. That is something I wouldnt have thought of but I guess animal insticts are strong arent they?!?!

Kristin & Sophie

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie So-lo
I already had both my girls when Sophie came along... but when my youngest is sick- she lays with her and only leaves her when I walk out of the room... However- I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease- and with it includes chronic joint pain and severe muscle pain/weakness... and chronic fatigue. When certain parts of my body hurt- sophie will oddly enough lay at the other end... so if my elbows/hands/shoulders are in a lot of pain- she lays from my hip to my feet- when my legs/feet/ankles hurt- she lays up by my head. Days I have severe migraines- she lays her head on my chest- as she is a really good breather and her snoring you couldn't even call snoring--- more like a cartoon character sound... LOL--- so her snoring actually helps relax me when migraines are severe. We have also used her internal clock - as a medical reminder for me to take my meds... so she knows every day at the same time- it's time for my meds even when I may be on the phone, computer, taking a nap... she wakes me to make sure I take my meds- interrupts me to make sure I take my meds... it has been a life saver that is for sure. So dogs sense way more than we know. I am sure she knew I was sick long before I really got sick and got really bad. LOL- And they say Bullies are just stubborn dogs that do what they want... LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.