bully senses...

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know bullies are very sensitive to their surroundings and a comfort when we need it but has anyone else been pregnant and had so much overly love from a bully? Cutty did this when I was pregnant the first time around too, he will just come and give me hugs up to 10 times a day. Sit on my lap and just want to cuddle, which for him isnt the usual. He just started this again with this pregnancy I guess in the last month and I love it! I know he can sense it. I am curious what everyone elses experiences are with how over sensitive their bullies can be. The funny thing is Mugsy, my pug could care les or is in denial about it but he hasnt changed at all. lol.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I don't have any children, but Vegas is sensitive to my condition. I'm a type 1 insulin dependant diabetic. I'm on an insulin pump.......and like any other diabetic on insulin, I suffer from occasional hypoglycemia. One night, Vegas woke me up by nudging me. Figuring he had to go potty, I brought him downstairs and let him out. He just sat by the door and stared at me. Once in an upright position, I started feeling dizzy, so I checked my blood sugar. 38! That is pretty low. It could have caused a seizure if I hadn't been woken up by Vegas. (by seizure I mean a diabetic seizure.......where my body is suffering from lack of glucose and my body starts to seize until I get something carbs in my mouth.) I've also noticed that when I don't feel well, Vegas is very much the cuddle bug. Yesterday I had the day off from work. I was very tired from not sleeping.......Vegas crawled up behind me on the couch and put his neck over mine. With his comfort, I slept a good 3 hours. I just :heart: to be snuggled by a bulldog!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes, everytime (4 mind you) I was preggers my bully at the time was the same way!! Baby when we had Noah, Sara when we had Carson, and Molly for Bryce and Sedona. Wouldn't even let me potty alone, they would follow me EVERYWHERE!! So cute...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
When I was taking my doctoral exams a few years ago, and majorly stressing out, both Bentley and I both shared some "gastrointestinal issues" - I guess he was really nervous too!

Also, when I broke my ankle, my usually playful Linus sat on the couch with me for a couple days in a row (Bentley was too nervous about the crutches) and use what I term "specials healing powers of the bulldog."

Finally, I suffered a miscarriage last summer. I was heartbroken and so were my bullies, who watched by my beside and made sure everything was as okay as it could be.

It's also just nice to know someone is there for you in the wee hours when you can't sleep or don't feel good or had a bad day. Hopefully I can do the same for them when they need it too.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Bulldogs are so amazing! Hope we get more stories like these, I LOVE reading them!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh Cali~Jenn I love it! Haven't gotten pregnant yet (thats a while off still) but Samson is definitely very sensitive to my mood. He is very gentle and cuddly when I am sad or sick.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wow! This may explain why my daughter's puppy, Millie ( a week older than Gertie) was soooo attentive to her this last week or so. My daughter is in nursing school and she was studying 24/7 and Millie was under her feet while she studied. Meanwhile, crazy Gertie is a wild woman and we're thinking it's just cause Gertie is a little Monster!! Well after Joyce took her finals, was no longer stressed and studying constantly, Millie went right back to be an obnoxious puppy again, just like Gertie. Mystery solved.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Love the snuggles. Mine knows when someone is stressed or upset, he pays extra attention.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Tess, your post reminded me of this commercial that I love!

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Always when someone of our family is feeling sadd or sick Bono will lay down/sit just besides that person..
100_5990.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online