Thread: English Bulldog vs Miniature English Bulldog

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English Bulldog vs Miniature English Bulldog

So I wonder if there's any such thing as an AMAZON BULLIE? Bo won't stop growing. He was born December 17th 2010 (yes, a day which will live in infamy) and he's already tipping the scales at 55+ pounds.
    -bo-sept2011-jpg(Image taken last week by my daughter)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Arwen Undomiel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    So I wonder if there's any such thing as an AMAZON BULLIE? Bo won't stop growing. He was born December 17th 2010 (yes, a day which will live in infamy) and he's already tipping the scales at 55+ pounds.
    He's great lookin'!! That's a great shot!
    -The Voices

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...pic2793_11.gif

Just remember that 98.34% of all people will make up statistics 86.27% of the time that lean towards their own opinion by at least 51%. Of course I'm not 100% sure about that...

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

So I wonder if there's any such thing as an AMAZON BULLIE? Bo won't stop growing. He was born December 17th 2010 (yes, a day which will live in infamy) and he's already tipping the scales at 55+ pounds. -bo-sept2011-jpg(Image taken last week by my daughter)
    They seem to come in a LOT more sizes than that standard lists. Bo is adorable! And so is Bea!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mai, Tai, and Tiki
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    If I can remember, the only difference between a mini bully and a normal one is their size. They're about 20lbs smaller and thought to be an advantage as the health difficulties that normal bullies have disappear. But @PukaMiniBulldogs will explain more.
    That is absoultly correct! Our mini's are full AKC Bullys that are between 32-37lbs full grown. They barley snore, they don't drool hardly at all and best of all they aren't very gassy either!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

-bo-sept2011-jpg(Image taken last week by my daughter)

Tanks the same way. hes 11 months old and 66lbs! vet said he looks great and is not overweight at all for him. i keep saying hes gonna be my steroid puppy cause hes pretty short

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@theparrisfive - so Tank is INDEED the perfect name for your boy! (Sherman - as in Tank - would have been cute too...LOL)

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Standard for bulldogs is usually 40-50 lbs. Delilah is about 40. I've seen that a lot of bullies are way over that though.
    They vary.. a lot. Because certain breeders aren't aiming for certain things. It's not universal. Certain bulldogs weigh 90 lbs and are so bow legged they can't walk..that's an extreme but I've seen it. Then you have bullies like Delilah who isn't bow legged at all and weighs 40 lbs.

I honestly don't agree with breeding "true minis." With any breed, you are usually seriously compromising the health of the dog by either trying to make it way smaller or way larger.
    A lot of times, irresponsible breeders will try to make dogs "mini" and "cuter" because lots of people find that more desirable. They then turned around and charge up the whazoo for a dog that's going to most likely have tons of health problems.

I've been looking at pictures of minis that are claimed to be "purebred" and the colors are just..so far off from normal bullies that I find it hard to believe. Simple mutations, yes. I can see the occasional bullie having a blue eye or something or patches being black. That can be explained with genetics and mutations. But this..?
    Shrinkabull English Bulldog photos blue bulldogs for sale
    ^look at the blue and white one..there's just no way. He's a gorgeous color..I just really can't support the breeding of dogs just to make them smaller and not to better the breed at all. Seems like unethical breeding and puppy mill crap to me.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I've seen bulldogs with those "rare" colors and the "mini rares" sell for like $6,000. Or more.

That's what people pay for champion show dogs that can be used to better their lines. I don't even know if those cost quite that much..blah.

It's just..the bullies already have problems and people already nitpick them for it. So when people like this make the breed have even more problems, it upsets me.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

I actually think they are mixed with boston terrier or something similar to that.

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    But this..?
    Shrinkabull English Bulldog photos blue bulldogs for sale
    ^look at the blue and white one..there's just no way. He's a gorgeous color..I just really can't support the breeding of dogs just to make them smaller and not to better the breed at all. Seems like unethical breeding and puppy mill crap to me.
    I always thought a black and white bulldog would be awesome, but that's an undesirable color combination, according to the AKC breed standard. *shrugs*

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

@theparrisfive - so Tank is INDEED the perfect name for your boy! (Sherman - as in Tank - would have been cute too...LOL)
    Yes it is! last time he was measured he was only 16 1/2 inches tall. so he is a short stuff with a lot of weight behind him! From what i understand he will develop muscles till 2? hes already a brute so wondering what his full outcome will be or if he will slow down on weight gain. guess we will see lol!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

those mini bulldogs are so cute! although im with my husband im wondering what the health issues would be. he said that they look mixed with pug in a way. but we are partial to both breeds although i dunno if id own a mini due to the health concerns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads