How do you keep you bully occupied?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So our guys will not play unless one of us is engaged in play with them!! How do you keep them playing without you being involved? I've seem some of you mention favorite toys, bears, or bones, but will they play without you? For us, no matter the toy unless food is in it... one of us must be engaged - UGH!! Nitschke actually will 'talk' to us -- kind of like asking 'lets play'?:bang:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Now I don't mind being a toy sometimes.....

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Do Nitschke and Banks play together? Mine are either playing or fighting together, sleeping, or chewing on something very interesting...usually a toy but often something they're not supposed to be chewing :nope:. Do they get daily exercise? I find this helps since-this will get a lot of their energy out so when they're home, they nap and sleep well. When i do play with them it's usually a chasing game when we run around the house, me chasing one of them trying to steal their toy in their mouth(s). So again, they get pooped out (so do I), and then rest...and this way I can rest as well!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
LOL... Yeah, either get another bully or you can play fetch... just throw a toy clear across the room - do some work/chore/watch tv - then throw it again when he comes back with it... works for Bullie.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My dogs don't actually play much. They just want me to rub them. Louie and BabyGirl might run a few figure eights in the back yard. I have to walk them everyday so that they can get a good nights sleep.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Do you have a treadmill... ?

:laugh:

I just remembered a commercial where a bulldog is getting his exercise on a treadmill.
I bet that really poops him out ..!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Whenever I'm too tired to play with Stig, I break out his Jolly egg toy. That'll usually keep him preoccupied, running, barking, chasing, etc, for a good 40 mins. Of course, I wait at least 1.5 hours before and after he eats because he can get really rambunctious with it.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Jackson is the same way! He won't play with a toy unless we are involved by either chasing after him for it, or playing fetch with it. Once we walk away he drops whatever it is and follows us. He is even this way with toys w/ goodies/treats inside! One time my husband caught him chewing on my slipper so we bought him a fuzzy toy that looks like my slipper and thought "ok, this is it! We KNOW he likes soft/fuzzy stuff"....yeah right, he pays it no mind.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I think my Jacks favorite toy is the Nylobone .. He chews on it, throws it aways, pounces on it and chews it some more. But mostly he likes to grab and chew whatever clothes or towels are left hanging on chair backs...

My wardrobe is dwindling ! :*(

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
oh my God, Im a Pooper Scooper ! :lmao::lmao:
It happens to the best of us. :ROFL: Wilsons pretty good about keeping himself occupied. He'll play or chew on his nlyas and he loves his stuffed animals. He's really fond of playing with an empty gallon water jug. As far as chasing a toy though that requires us.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
my bulldog.... walter.... is the same, if your sat down he sits next to you crying and giving you his paw, if your standing up he will push into your legs for you to play, the only time he really does anything alone is when he chews his bone..... i just put it down to he likes company..... and more company

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
YEP - we tried pretty much every thing you all have suggested...even when they used to go to daycare they wanted to play with the workers and not the dogs. Guess we are bonded to be their 'toys', which I really don't think it is that bad, but as you've all said -- when you get home from your full-time job, they are totally fired up and you just want to flop on the couch. Thanks for the input and giggles!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.