JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Not sure why but this morning about 5:30 Wilson threw up his food from last night. Mike said that he also threw up his yesterday morning food (Mike was off yesterday). Then about 20 minutes later as we were all heading downstairs Wilson started to get sick again, but this time, it was a thick clear watery substance with a trace of blood in it. I had my cousin check on him today as I was sure that the small trace of blood was from irritation from getting sick twice??? First thing that came to my mind is what did he eat and is he blocked since we've experienced that several times with Ace our old guy. He's pooped tonight, ate and has been drinking water so I'm not sure why he got sick.

Then about 45 minutes ago Wilson and Jack were playing. Jack likes to grab hold of Wilson's loose skin at the neck and yanks on him. I'm always watching them for that and Wilson has scabs in that area already from Jack. We're working with Jack too on that. I was on the phone with the hubby and went to go check on him and sure enough Jack had ahold of him dragging him. He has a nice piece of missing flesh now. Jack isn't being aggressive by no means it's just the way they play. And now Wilson's limping pretty good on his front foot again which I'm sure is another strain. I'll keep on close eye of Wilson the next couple of days. He just seems a bit droopy (sad) right now and his tummy is still gurgly. Poor guy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Poor bully ... I would keep him quiet for a couple of days!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im sorry hes not feeling good. maybe try a pepcid see if he feels better.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll keep him quite and luckily it's the weekend again. I don't have Pepcid, never knew you could give that to them. How about Pepto?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor guy... try to keep him clam and quite for a day or so...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry about Wilson. Hopefully whatever he has will pass soon. Maybe just give him a bland diet for the time being? also, it is generally safe to give pepto to dogs. I looked up the dose--based on body wt: 1tspn for every 20lbs, can be given every 4-6hrs. Lots of bully hugs and smooches from us!:luv:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh no! Poor Wilson :(. You were right when you said quite a few bullies have had a rough time of it lately. I would hate to add Wilson to the list! I hope he is feeling better VERY soon. Let us know how he is doing.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@cali baker Thanks Henny for that info. I have Pepto. He's sleeping right now. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!!

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], I'll let you know. I'm sure it will pass, just took me by surprise when I saw a some blood. That was scary. I did call the vet to make sure he was working just in case I needed to rush him in. But he seem ok now, aside from limping pretty good.

Last edited:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Poor Wilson!! I hope he gets better soon. Sending hugs and smooshy faced kisses you way!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww! Poor Wilson.....I hope he feels better real soon...I agree Jeannie..seems like a lot of...especially tummy problems...in our bulies... :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, hope he feels better soon.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Maybe he just had a little tummy virus I do know there's a tummy bug goin around here for the skins. Give him some baby pain killers that will help his limp, we get this every now and again since the boys like to play so rough...... Ugh

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@lexterwayne thanks. I held off on giving him a baby aspirin last night due to his tummy. His tummy seems fine now and his poop is normal. He still has a limp but it's not nearly as bad as it was last night. I'm still getting used to things that are more 'normal' for a bully, like loose joints/floopy feet.

Members online

No members online now.